I need to get in touch with the comapny that makes the receiver for the hopper.

Emerogork

Original poster
Oct 11, 2012
Connecticut
I have been working on an idea that can revolutionize channel surfing and cure the Hopper’s legal problems with commercials. I have a working model to present. How do I get in touch with the company that makes the receivers for the Hopper?

If your serious about this, it makes me wonder......as the Hopper is made by dish...not Directv..;)

Send a PM to Scott. He may be able to get you in contact with someone from DISH's corporate office.

What I don't understand is if this guy has such a great idea why not have it patented. There are plaenty of inventor websites you can checkout that will advise you on how to get the project moving.

Without a patent, this idea, if it truly is revolutionary, will probably get stolen!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

What I don't understand is if this guy has such a great idea why not have it patented. There are plaenty of inventor websites you can checkout that will advise you on how to get the project moving.
This!

Without a patent, this idea, if it truly is revolutionary, will probably get stolen!
And this!

Also, Dish (or any other Satellite, Cable Company) doesn't care about any "revolutionary" idea unless you can clearly demonstrate how it is going to help them make more money.

Why would the OP need to contact the hopper manufacturer? Wouldn't he have to talk to E*s management first to get the ok and get all the legal paperwork approved, before he gives his idea? Then, after all the legal paperwork is done and is given the ok, E* would tell the manufacturer to make and/or install the device. And the programmers could write the data code that would go into the receivers.

Or am I wrong?

The OP has 2 posts, entirely, on this website. Both pretty much saying the same thing, 2 months apart. Then we never hear from him again. Do I hear the ignore word?

Last edited:
I have an idea. Figure out a way to convince Echostar that it would be profitable to design a set top box that doesn't take longer to get up and running than a windows installation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts