I need to know...

riffjim4069 said:
Quite a few members have been know to stand them on end prior to given them the boot; others simply drop-kick them to the curb. :rolleyes: Sorry, I couldn't resist. :sorry:

i prefer the movie "office space" use for it in a big open field with a few of your coworkers

If there aren't any moving parts inside, i.e. non-DVR receivers, then you shouldn't have much problems having them stand on their side. I wouldn't recommend DVR's to stand that way, though. The hard drives inside those are of the desktop-variety and they're not friendly to vibrations and excessive G forces. :D

goaliebob99 said:
yea.. and i belive you can do it to the pvr too.. I dont think it makes a diffrence..
Won't that make the data fall off the drive..

:rolleyes:

:D

Any kind of hard drive will likely have no problem at any angle, the trick is it has to STAY there. [It might just be vertical and flat on ground but I'm pretty sure any angle will do just fine].. :)

Tvlman said:
DishDave makes a valid point. Stood my dvr on its side and next morning found all my data in a pile on the floor.

I hear if you stick a strong magnet to the harddrive all the data will stay once it's tipped sideways.

As long as the unit is in a position that is stable and not prone to falling over, whether it's a DVR or not, the receiver should be just fine.

Experimenting with new positions is always interesting. :p

lol Well, I asked this question in the 5 minutes my internet was working yesterday. You all not only answered my question but gave me a few laughs too.
Internet is working now but it is supposed to rain the rest of the week so.... we will see what happens. (for the past month and a half it has gone out when it rains)

SatelliteGAL said:
lol Well, I asked this question in the 5 minutes my internet was working yesterday. You all not only answered my question but gave me a few laughs too.
Internet is working now but it is supposed to rain the rest of the week so.... we will see what happens. (for the past month and a half it has gone out when it rains)

Check your connections at the ground block and the splitter thats outside if it is outside.

Van said:
Check your connections at the ground block and the splitter thats outside if it is outside.

:) Big saga. They did that back in Sept. Then they found a break in the feeder line that they supposedly fixed on Oct 7th. Now they dont know what is going on. They will be at my house again today. At this point I am going to surrender and go for the slower DSL on two phone lines I think. Unless someone knows of another alternative. We have 4 computers sharing and one of them does gaming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts