I need your help experts - please. AT9 issues...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bertbarndoor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Ok, I'll try and be concise. Buddy and I were installing his new AT9. I've done two others with no problems. His jumper cables broke between the LNBs. He doesn't have an HD Television yet, so we just decided to aim for the 101 to get the SD channels and complete the aiming in the spring when he gets an HD TV. (we still set it up for the 5lnb dish in the receiver menu.) We peaked the signal and he was getting 95s or more on all transponders for 101.

After I left he got a message saying his receiver was 'downloading new software'. It froze on him and he reset it. It finally downloaded the software on the next attempt, but now he is not getting channels and the signal strength is 0's and 60s on the 101. What gives? We don't need the jumper cables attached do we? It doesn't matter that we have it set for the 5lnb in the receiver setup does it? Why would he go from 95s to 60s or 0s? It isn't weather. It isn't moisture. ???? Please help!!! :( :( :( Thanks. -Rob

Ok, I'll try and be concise. Buddy and I were installing his new AT9. I've done two others with no problems. His jumper cables broke between the LNBs. He doesn't have an HD Television yet, so we just decided to aim for the 101 to get the SD channels and complete the aiming in the spring when he gets an HD TV. (we still set it up for the 5lnb dish in the receiver menu.) We peaked the signal and he was getting 95s or more on all transponders for 101.

After I left he got a message saying his receiver was 'downloading new software'. It froze on him and he reset it. It finally downloaded the software on the next attempt, but now he is not getting channels and the signal strength is 0's and 60s on the 101. What gives? We don't need the jumper cables attached do we? It doesn't matter that we have it set for the 5lnb in the receiver setup does it? Why would he go from 95s to 60s or 0s? It isn't weather. It isn't moisture. ???? Please help!!! :( :( :( Thanks. -Rob

I don't know about the jumper cables being necessary, but I suspect you did not tighten the base properly. Did you do a pole mount? If so, most poles are actually a little small and you need to make sure the base is securely tightened.

I don't know about the jumper cables being necessary, but I suspect you did not tighten the base properly. Did you do a pole mount? If so, most poles are actually a little small and you need to make sure the base is securely tightened.

Nope, the base is solid and attached properly. I'm wondering if it is a bad lnb. How can it got from 90s and 80s to 0s and 50s and back to 90s in the space of 15 minutes? No, it is something else. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the 5lnb setting, but only 1 lnb active. Perhaps a bad lnb??

-Rob

Nope, the base is solid and attached properly. I'm wondering if it is a bad lnb. How can it got from 90s and 80s to 0s and 50s and back to 90s in the space of 15 minutes? No, it is something else. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the 5lnb setting, but only 1 lnb active. Perhaps a bad lnb??

-Rob

We unplugged the satellite in. We reset the machine, without the satellite line in. Then we unplugged it all again and left it for a while, then we plugged the sat in again and flashed it up. Seems to be working now. My guess: software update hung the machine, when we reset it without the sat it, it cleared something out. When we reset it again with the sat in in, it completed or restarted and completed successfully whatever it was doing. Who knows? Who cares? Not me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)