I only get true north satellite with USALS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CouchPotatoGuy

Original poster
Oct 1, 2004
Hi Guys,

I bought my equipment from Pete (Winegard Dish and a SG2100 motor) and connected it to a Pansat 2500a with a universal LNB and an old Sony DTV LNB and a 4x1 switch.

I entered the settings below, moved the dish via USALs and positioned my dish manually and am getting great reception 80+% on AMC5. But when i try getting other satellites using USALs i get nothing. When the dish is moving i can see quality go up and down as its passing a satellite along the way. Unless my pole has moved and not plumb which i doubt, what steps should i take to diagnose the problem. Also, where should I go to get frequency, polarity, and S/R information for all the satellites.

Thanks for your time! :)

Zip.= 22066

Lat./N.= 39 deg. Long./W= 77 deg.

True South satellite= AMC-5 at 79w

Distance to satellite= 37460 km (not needed)
Elevation of dish (if not using a motor mount)= 45 deg.

Motor mount elev.= 51 deg.
Dish (on motor mount) elevation=24 deg.

Magnetic deviation = +10 deg. so if using a compass aim at 190 deg. for true south.

I use the below to aim at AMC-5

Empire Sports

11808 freq.
H Pol.
4164 S/R.

Was the motor set exactly on 0º, USALS setup on AMC5 and "Moved" before
adjusting the whole assembly and locking on AMC5? And is your Lat and Long entered correctly...like 77ºW and not 77ºE?

I would recheck your mount to make sure it is plumb but since you are actually getting a signal as it passes using USUALS it is probably fine.

You can always go into 1.2 and manually fine tune the sat then save your settings for USUALS

With USALS, you have to put in your latitude & longitude. Once you do that and are on your true south (not true north) :) satellite, hit "reference point" and then it should work when you add satellites

I did enter my coordinates and the true south satellite coordinates. When i hit reference it does go to the 0 degree position or true south and then i go onto AMC5, the satellite moves to it and reception is great.

What would cause me not to get other satellites?

I am assuming when you select another satellite in the install screen, you change it to USALS

as long as you've told it your reference point (AMC5) and changed it to USALS, it should work

Does the dish move to the general spot of the other satellite? Maybe you have to nudge it east or west.

Isnt the reference point true north and not my most north satellite (AMC5)? When i hit the reference mode i dont get a signal. Only when i click on the satellite (my dish moves 2.3 degrees), then i get AMC5. Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)