I ordered an actual reciever and another dish.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

motorcycle_rider

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 8, 2004
Northeast Michigan
Well

I ordered the S1 sytem from Sadoun with a 90u upgrade. I already have my eye on another satellite to point at:eek: . Anyways If I am understanding things right I will need to change the lnb on my current dish to a dual then add a second swith to the fortec reciever? Now would I need to turn lnb power off to either the fortec or my usb tuner?

I will draw a little diagram of what I am planning for wiring for you to check out later tonight and any input would help.

motorcycle_rider said:
Well

I ordered the S1 sytem from Sadoun with a 90u upgrade. I already have my eye on another satellite to point at:eek: . Anyways If I am understanding things right I will need to change the lnb on my current dish to a dual then add a second swith to the fortec reciever? Now would I need to turn lnb power off to either the fortec or my usb tuner?

I will draw a little diagram of what I am planning for wiring for you to check out later tonight and any input would help.

Welcome to the club!

If you don't need different polarities on the same bird I'd just slave the DVB card to the Fortec. If you need different polarities then both devices will need to power each side of the LNB.

no need to turn the LNB power off. Both will work just fine independently (if you hook each receiver to the LNB)

The attached Image is what I am planning on for my connection when I recieve my reciever and new dish from Sadoun.

Attachments

• example.JPG
    example.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Thanks for the input. Now let me throw in another loop....getting about 15 steps ahead of where I am now.... Lets say in the future I wanted to add a motor, actually two because of my los.

I would need to put my dishes in two locations one views 90 deg to 61.5 or more. The other views 90deg to 148 deg or more. Is it possable to tie both dishes with motors with switches? I picked the degrees from lyngsat for north america there may be further sats but I have no idea yet.

This has to do with placing my second dish for future expansion.

You would have to keep the motors completely separate or they will conflict with each other. Each motor will require an independent receiver to remember the satellite locations.

Again thanks. I think that motors will be down the road for me. I am the type to do alot of early research then think things out. Hell my first questions about FTA where when the FTA forum was first formed here. This is the year I decided to take the plunge and I have nothing but joy with this.

I am slowly getting the dish tweaked into G10 that I have now. Gained another transponder just now and increased quality on the others. :) I will probably switch this dish for G10 for the new one I have coming unless i really have things tweaked when it gets here.

BTW for me I notice it is easier to tweak after dark the signals seem higher and more receptive to minor adjustments. Then in the daytime when I try to watch something If the channel still is able to lock I know I did good if not...... more tweaking after dark. Man I am having a blast.

I agree night time and crisp clear winter days are best for dish pointing!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)