I really hate the "You Might Also Like" feature!

Or, just have Cancel be the default on-screen button as it's always been, so millions of customers don't unnecessarily need to learn a new way to do something.

I wonder how many people have accidentally started recording a show when Dish first changed it?

If they can read, very few.

Am I the only one that doesn't use on screen buttons? Why select buttons on screen when the physical button is right on my remote?

If they can read, very few.
You must be even more annoying at home, stopping to read stuff every time you need to push a button for something.

"Hmmm. Which one is 'brew" again?"
"Let's see, when I want to start the microwave, I know I press one of these."
"Better check my car's owner's manual to see which pedal is the brake, and which is the gas."

Am I the only one that doesn't use on screen buttons? Why select buttons on screen when the physical button is right on my remote?
The main reason is, if the most common choice is selected already by default, one just needs to press the bog OK button in the center of the remote. Just about every remote, regardless of brand. That is the point of having a default selection. So, one only has to hit "enter".

In the case of Dish's "info" screen, the most common choice would be "cancel", to remove it from view after reading the program info. But, they have not only removed that as the default, they have removed it as a choice altogether.

Typical bad usability engineering. (Typical in a consumer electronics sense, not that Dish typically does bad usability engineering, although they are guilty of it on more than one occasion.)

You must be even more annoying at home, stopping to read stuff every time you need to push a button for something.

"Hmmm. Which one is 'brew" again?"
"Let's see, when I want to start the microwave, I know I press one of these."
"Better check my car's owner's manual to see which pedal is the brake, and which is the gas."

Haven't given up trying to be a comic, I see. :rolleyes:

Going back to descriptions being truncated, I had long suspected but now can actually confirm that lengthy descriptions which were already truncated, become truncated even further once they are moved from the Hopper to an External Hard Drive. On the Hopper, the description breaks at a complete sentence or word but recordings on the EHD lose entire sentences which were still on the original recording and are frequently missing letters in the final word which just looks awful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts