I think I want this dish!! No longer in use by current owner...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
Needs massive concrete for a base, and is supposed to see 60 degrees of sky!
A rail inside the upper part allows the LNB's to move along the arc. I'm sure setup is a pain, but it would
be a fun project!

Would look great in front of our station as a sign and WORKING dish, too!
Ah, to dream.....but...if the satellite Gods are with us....it "could" come our way as it's no longer in use at it's current home. If it does become available, finding the help to disassemble, move, and reassemble is probably the biggest challenge.

Ah, to dream...

sat4.jpg

Setup is quite easy as long as the reflector base is correctly installed. The install instructions contain all the information to calculate the reflector setting. Once the reflector is in place, the feedhorns are positioned along the rail. The feedhorn assemblies are not cheap! New, each costs as much as a low-end mesh dish.

Sounds like a fun project! I may just "lobby" to get it....then comes the YARDS of concrete for stability...I think it has at least (3) feeds on it now...

I would love one of those. :)

I had a cable system offer me one for free but had to remove it myself and provide insurance for removing it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

So who do you know with a flat bed and a crane?

Sorry Michigan is so far away. Looks like a fun project.

Oh my. Jim if you don't want that dish I'll rent a flat bed and drive up Monday or any day. The look on the wife's face after seeing that priceless :)

I like the rail at the bottom, looks like with wheels it would swing east/west. With some engineering it could be made to skew properly and track the arc... 60 degrees at a time!
Would certainly look great with your station's call letters on it! Hope your frontage faces south...

Just rent one of those big telescopic fork lift loaders, that should pick it up and carry it away just fine. Don't even need a flatbed, just carry it along with the loader! :)

Actually his DISH Farm he has now would be the perfect location for it and faces the right way. It would be a great WION Billboard for everyone driving by Haynor road. :D

Oh my!!!...Now that would be awesome!!!...Grab it man!!!!....What a very fun project!!!! Can you just think about all the good times you will have adjusting all types of feeds for various fixed positions!!!...Might look at for any scissor lift and if you can find one that is motorized that would be super cool to do all adjusting....Don`t let this one pass Ya!!!!

Just revisited this thread. I DO know people (well one) with flatbed trailers....and a "JCB"....hmmm is that the right combination for this?

I'd LOVE to have this thing to play with....the neighbors would think I'm nuts but Scott was right, the yard at the station would take it nicely.
Might re-visit this possible idea... I like the "move it in large piece" idea. Wonder what it weighs assembled...and if it COULD go on flatbed...
Of course on arrival, it would sink into the ground while waiting for concrete to be poured....
Details...details....still dreaming...still thinking....

And yes I'm married.... to my business! She takes all my time....and...ALL my money.

Yeah, but if you paint your 'Letters' on it, can't you deduct expenses as 'advertising'??
FTA as just a 'side' benefit??
Gotta work 'both sides of the 'fence'.

Was talking to a friend at ION today and he said that they had updated their Simulsat (reflector only) to the "b" model. Greatly improved KU reception... Never new that there were different reflector grades. Add that to our knowledge base!

What different about the "B" model?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts