I Thought $1 Install was Extended?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ram1220

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
Allen, Texas
I thought I had read here that the $1 install was extended until April 1? I called Voom to get a second box added. I was told by the CSR that it would cost me $199 for install and my $79.90 monthly fee would jump to $89.90 plus I had to commit to a 6 month contract. And on top of that I would have to pay an additional $14.50/month charge for the new box and mirroring fees. I told the CSR to forget it. That's just too much money to add a second box.
I guess I should have ordered the second box 2 weeks ago. I was quoted at that time an option of the $1 install for second box with a 6 month commitment or paying $49 for the install of second box and no commitment. Also with paying the $49 I could keep my grandfather pricing.
So was this CSR mistaken or has Voom stopped offering the $1 install like he said. The only reason I didn't order the box 2 weeks ago was because I didn't know if Voom was going to still be broadcasting today.

You should have gotten both boxes at once, yes. Voom screws you if you try to add a second box later.

I ordered a second box with my orignal order for this very reason, even though I wasn't ready to use it right away.

ram1220 said:
I thought I had read here that the $1 install was extended until April 1? I called Voom to get a second box added. I was told by the CSR that it would cost me $199 for install and my $79.90 monthly fee would jump to $89.90 plus I had to commit to a 6 month contract.

Did you mention to the CSR that the offer is still being advertised on their web site? On their home page no less. If they are going to keep that advertisement running, then they should honor it. Just my two cents…

Current Promotion:

* "3 Rooms for $1.00" Promotional Offer
* 6-MONTH COMMITMENT TO VOOM BASIC PROGRAMMING AT REGULAR RATES
* $250 EARLY TERMINATION FEE
* Upgrade Offer included: 2-months of FREE HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and STARZ!
* A 1-year FREE subscription to Sound & Vision Magazine
* Valid November 17, 2004 through April 30, 2005
* For new customers only
* Not valid in combination with any other offer
* $1.00 for installation and activation for up to 3 VOOM Receivers
* $5.00 monthly equipment fee per VOOM Receiver
* $49 installation fee for additional VOOM Receivers 4 through 6
* Additional charges apply for all subsequent visits after initial installation

Dish Network does the same thing to add boxes after the fact. After making the mistake with them, I ordered 3 boxes from Voom even though I only use two right now. I'm sure I will someday soon, and the out-of-pocket to add later is just too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts