I thought there were gonna be two upgrade threads?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Scott, I thought you were gonna make two upgrade experience threads, one for positive and one negative.

I might be alone, but I would like to have them seperated. I am sure the negative one will grow like crazy and the good experiences might get lost in the shuffle.

Also, nothing against some posters as I realize this is frustrating as all heck and I feel dish is doing the wrong thing here with mpeg4 only receivers on the new channels, but can you not post rants and comments in the largest possible font? A word or two, ok, but the whole post or a whole sentence is IMO annoying.

I know many are thinking what the heck is a D* guy doing posting in a Dish order response page?

Well If there are two links I want to encourage the people that have positive experiences upgrading to make sure their experiences are heard.

While many D* people might be sitting back saying to themselves "thank god I'm not going through that Dish mess" I don't think that helps D* customers.

I want the Dish transfer to go as smoothly as possible.

Only now when Dish has dominated the headlines with their new national HD package has D* responded. (although its only a rumor)

I would have to think that if D* sees a happy E* conversion, then the bodies that control D* might be pressed to push for new national HD channels.

So please while I'm sure there are going to be some frustrating accounts posted on here today, I do hope that the subscriber who called and had a decent upgrade takes time to post as well.

Last edited:
Yep, I am a dish customer, but I want D* to feel the heat. I want them to have to keep up with dish and force competition.

Well I think we both outta be happy with FIOS charging up fast....I know there are people here that thumb their nose at FIOS as Im sure many cable subscribers did years ago when D* and E* showed up but the competition while the industry is drastically changing can only be good.

No Boston-area local HD channels appeared this morning. I guess we are not in the first round of HD locals! :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)