I want my microHD - Inveter is dying fast.

rv1pop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
:( My inverter has decided it will not stay on very long any more, so..... my receivers will not stay on to watch or record. The 12 V DC TV keeps working but no signal, so no TV. The internet modem keeps going down, too. The router is doing OK on the shared 12V, although it seems to have some interference issues.

I NEED my 12V receiver..... :rant: I do not want to waste $40 on an inverter that I will not need after I get the microHD! Rather spend that on a 24V battery set for the modem.

For those of you who have never visited our facility, FYI...... It is extremely secure. No spare keys under mats, in vents or anywhere. The local police can get you out, but only key FOBs will get you in...... :eek:

Exactly! Surrounded by a saltwater moat patroled by sharks, gators and polywogs which are fitted with helmet mounted lasers that slice through intruders like a hot knife in butter...... (OK, I'm just kidding.... about the polywogs)!

So, when will your website begin accepting orders? I mean, you wouldn't have people stay up late Tuesday just to see midnite come and go with nothing to show for it. Would you now?

By the way, the name is Mundy. Alexander. A little juice from my Tesla Roadster will give a new meaning to the term "jumper cables" as your shark and gator defense goes belly up and me and my gal Eurosport are in. Why steal microHDs? Well, you didn't think we'd get an appointment with SIA subversives with a trunk full of hubcaps, did you?

`

Last edited:
Well as much as I want my microHD, I stopped waiting for Santa Claus a long time ago. I'll be sleeping soundly when the buy button goes live.

Went all the way to Portland, 114 miles each way, and got home and the connector to hook up the inverter was missing pieces! I do not know if I can fix it! What a wasted trip! Oh, well. Generator gas.... $3.599 a gallon, and got 38 gallons. Save 50 cents/gallon by getting gas at Costco.

:( My inverter has decided it will not stay on very long any more, so..... my receivers will not stay on to watch or record. The 12 V DC TV keeps working but no signal, so no TV. The internet modem keeps going down, too. The router is doing OK on the shared 12V, although it seems to have some interference issues.

I NEED my 12V receiver..... :rant: I do not want to waste $40 on an inverter that I will not need after I get the microHD! Rather spend that on a 24V battery set for the modem.

Went all the way to Portland, 114 miles each way, and got home and the connector to hook up the inverter was missing pieces! I do not know if I can fix it! What a wasted trip! Oh, well. Generator gas.... $3.599 a gallon, and got 38 gallons. Save 50 cents/gallon by getting gas at Costco.

Sounds like its time to call the power company.

Yikes, that's a lot of gas... I remember when we traveled in the Allegro, that Dodge 440 would literally drink gasoline. I believe we got about 6-7 mpg when we were lucky. I don't know how we could do the trips we did in the 80s and 90s today, with gas at $3 - $4 a gallon!

So, when will your website begin accepting orders?

I will activate the microHD shopping cart before going home tomorrow evening. I usually leave work between 7 - 10pm, PT.

We will be giving a special thank you gift for each SatelliteGuys order placed online between 6/20 - 6/24/2012. Will post details in another thread later today.

The main shipment is just entering customs, so the orders will ship as soon as they arrive in our warehouse. I will keep everyone updated and purchasers will receive an order tracking email when the order ships.

Last edited:
Yikes, that's a lot of gas... I remember when we traveled in the Allegro, that Dodge 440 would literally drink gasoline. I believe we got about 6-7 mpg when we were lucky. I don't know how we could do the trips we did in the 80s and 90s today, with gas at $3 - $4 a gallon!

That is gas for the generator ONLY. It should last over a month if I do not have to run it too much. The big inverter overhead is over 6 amps. The smaller one overhead is only 1.2 amps and the tiny one, that is missing connector parts, is supposed to be less than 0.4 amps.
The Motor-home gets 10 MPG or better, the car at least 25 MPG. PUD hook up is now down around $6,000, plus monthly "connection fee" of about $20. I was being grateful for saving 50 cents a gallon over what is costs in our "big town"! The trip was not entirely wasted. I may be able to ring out the power cord and hook it up direct, but after being behind the wheel for 10 hours, and not eating right - I ranted - sorry.

Things will get better as soon as I can hook up my NEW microHD from SatelliteAV. Just remember, all you blessed people - this started as a 12 VDC unit JUST for MOM and Me! jk jk jk jk.

EDIT to add: The reason for the trip was to get 10 new LED light fixtures at $10 each (vs. $46 each from a local source) and 10 SanDisk 16GB USB sticks @ $10. rather than usual $18, or local $37. Which we did get and also, Costco had 42# clumping kitty litter for what we have been pay for the 22# box --- so it was a worthwhile trip.

Last edited:
:eek::eek::facepalm:facepalm I do not believe this!!! I got the inverter up and working again - I had no idea why / how and as I was trying to get the baby one wired, the old one started beeping alarm! I looked - over voltage! OH NO! Bright sun-shiny day and the solar panels were putting out more voltage than the sulfated batteries would pull down. They were still drawing a charging level current, but the voltage was peaking. Dropped the charging voltage and now inverter is staying up. Have split the battery bank and equalizing half, which will help a little with the sulfating, leaving the inverter on the batteries without the charger. Then will swap halves and see if that helps. Backwoodssolar, I need a desulfator! Ouch $98. Oh, well, if it will save a $500 set of batteries....

The voltage was still below what the DC equipment is rated at - except for the direct connected inverter. I bet a second fuse would drop it enough!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts