I want national feeds...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vamosboca

Original poster
May 20, 2004
Live in Mexico City, and am a paying subscriber to Directv USA. I would like to get a national feed for NBC/CBS/ABC/FOX/PBS East&West. Is there a specific zipcode I need to claim to live at to receive permission for this. If not, do you know of any good places to register for a waiver?

Tempted to just get a pirate chip..,

no, as far as I know DirecTV doesn't serve mexico with their USA feeds. what illegal USA address are you using to get their service if you are really a "paying" subscriber?

Yo no habla "waivers"

vamosboca said:
Live in Mexico City, and am a paying subscriber to Directv USA. I would like to get a national feed for NBC/CBS/ABC/FOX/PBS East&West. Is there a specific zipcode I need to claim to live at to receive permission for this. If not, do you know of any good places to register for a waiver?

Tempted to just get a pirate chip..,

Note the "paying" versus "legal" subscriber description.

If he were "paying" from an address that is allowed to receive the national feeds (far enough away from broadcast stations to avoid the waiver process) that would be a start. I do not know how NRTC/Pegasus areas enter into the equation, however.

Is there a list of areas/zip codes which ARE eligible for national feeds????
:confused:

ramcm7 said:
Note the "paying" versus "legal" subscriber description.

If he were "paying" from an address that is allowed to receive the national feeds (far enough away from broadcast stations to avoid the waiver process) that would be a start. I do not know how NRTC/Pegasus areas enter into the equation, however.

Is there a list of areas/zip codes which ARE eligible for national feeds????
:confused:

I haven't seen a list, but I HAVE seen a map recently. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Casey

I can tell you for sure that an illegal DirecTV subscriber who lives in Mexico city doesn't "qualify" for network feeds.

mini1 said:
I can tell you for sure that an illegal DirecTV subscriber who lives in Mexico city doesn't "qualify" for network feeds.

I agree that such a "subscriber" would not "qualify" for network feeds. That said, the tone of this and other sat forums seems to give a wink to those "moving" within the US, but gives less support for people receiving US services outside the US or foreign (Canadian mostly) services in the US via similar "moving" scenarios. I'm no lawyer, but I am guessing that none of these scenarios comply with the service contracts of US or foreign DBS services, and some are illegal.

From what I have read, it is illegal in Canada to use a US DBS service. However, it appears to not be illegal to use a foreign DBS service in the US, however, the foreign DBS service is not allowed to offer service outside its country. Is this a fair description?

no matter what it is illegal to receive a US broadcast DirecTV feed out of the U.S. plain and simple. it might not be illegal in Mexico, but what is?

ramcm7 said:
From what I have read, it is illegal in Canada to use a US DBS service. However, it appears to not be illegal to use a foreign DBS service in the US, however, the foreign DBS service is not allowed to offer service outside its country. Is this a fair description?

DIRECTV USA is available ONLY to residents of the 50 states. No where else in the world is DIRECTV USA LEGALLY available.

exactly what my point my is. thank you for posting it again. better wording I might add.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)