I want to add a 2nd 811!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bubba04

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
I have an 811 for my Sony XBR in the family room. I recently purchased a small 20" HDTV capable LCD for my home office. Does anyone know if I could get Dish to lease me another 811? I am not a member of the DHP, as I bought my 1st 811 outright. I don't really want to drop $200/300 on another one.
Bubba4

I called E* a few days ago to see what the available offers are for current customers. I was hoping there was something happening with the 921 since what I really want to do is add HD but I've got a 501 PVR now and have really gotten used to the PVR part. No joy on the 921 but they did tell me they could send me an 811 for no charge; since I'll be keeping my 501 on-line I will have to pay the $5/mo extra receiver fee for the 811. And, of course, I'll have to start paying the HD programming fee.

I have no clue what parameters they used to determine I was eligible for this; I've been with them about 7 years now but I didn't ask for anything special and the CSR sounded like she was reading a que card. So maybe, if you give them a call they'll get you another 811.

Check the Dish web site for the Dishin it up program. You'll find answers there.

Cholly said:
Check the Dish web site for the Dishin it up program. You'll find answers there.

They actually have a page for the Dish N' it up? Where is it?

But anyways, to the orig poster. If you meet the qualifications for dish in it up, yes they will lease you an 811

BFG said:
They actually have a page for the Dish N' it up? Where is it?

But anyways, to the orig poster. If you meet the qualifications for dish in it up, yes they will lease you an 811
I'll be durned -- just checked the web site and didn't see the links for Dish N' it up. :confused: I'd seen it a week or so ago, and now don't know where I got to it. At any rate, you can either lease or buy a second 811. As I recall, the Dish 'N it up program requires that you have been a subscriber for at least a year.

Hi, welcome to satelliteguys! :)

DHP stands for Digital Home Plan, which was what the lease program was called before they switched things around on 2/1 and re-named it DHA, Digital Home Advantage.

The differences between the 2 is that DHP had a $5 charge on the first receiver, but it included the Protection Package and also still carried a 1 year commitment.

The new DHA doesn't have a $5 charge on the first reciever, but you have to pay for a top 60 and up package including locals, even if you don't get them. If you want the Protection Package it's extra $5.99. There's also no commitment with DHA (there is however a 12 month commitment if you want the protection package free)

There, I hope I covered everything clearly :)

The dish'n it up promo is apparently still available to existing customers, however I'm pretty sure there are restrictions. You can only see it on their website if you register/log in to your account. I did so just now and found "purchase offers" and "lease a receiver". Under the lease link, it took me to the dish'n it up page which said I could Lease up to 2 receivers for $0 Up-front equipment cost, with No commitment, No equipment to buy, but it was a Limited time offer.

I think I've been a member since '98.

BFG said:
Hi, welcome to satelliteguys! :)

DHP stands for Digital Home Plan, which was what the lease program was called before they switched things around on 2/1 and re-named it DHA, Digital Home Advantage.

The differences between the 2 is that DHP had a $5 charge on the first receiver, but it included the Protection Package and also still carried a 1 year commitment.

The new DHA doesn't have a $5 charge on the first reciever, but you have to pay for a top 60 and up package including locals, even if you don't get them. You also have to purchase the Protection package for an extra $5.99 and there's no commitment (there is a 12 month commitment if you want the protection package free)

There, I hope I covered everything clearly :)
Confused I have been on the DHA plan maybe 5 weeks and I didnt have to buy the 5.99 Protection Plan and I have NO commitment .

Trido

WOW!! This is without a doubt the best resource for DBS info period! Thanks for all the replies. You guys have pointed me in the direction I was hoping to go. I'll let you know how things go.
Bubba4

bubba04

I had about 2 months left on my 1 year commitment, in October, and I called to see if I could lease a second 811. Initially I was told no, that they normally don't do that if I'm still under a commitment. I politely complained that I really didn't want to leave Dish in 2 months when my commitment ended. I was put on hold for a minute, then she returned and said yes, but I had to pay a $25 installation fee. Call the Executive Level CSR at 866-443-5162.

JimMcC said:
I had about 2 months left on my 1 year commitment, in October, and I called to see if I could lease a second 811. Initially I was told no, that they normally don't do that if I'm still under a commitment. I politely complained that I really didn't want to leave Dish in 2 months when my commitment ended. I was put on hold for a minute, then she returned and said yes, but I had to pay a $25 installation fee. Call the Executive Level CSR at 866-443-5162.
Great! :clap $25 seems pretty reasonable.

Bobby

What poetry. My first 811 has been working great since the last few upgrades. That's why I decided to get a second 811 for my projector in basement HT room.

JimMcC said:

Has anyone called this number in a while? It tells me it is no longer in service and to call the regular dish number. :confused:

I want to again thank you guys for the quick response. I called Dish and they set me up with a leased 811. I only pay the $5 dollars a month (which I was paying anyway on the 301 for programming on that box) to lease it, and the $25 for shipping. So my monthly bill will not change at all. I've been with Dish for about a year and a half. I got this deal without any hassles. So I really don't know what qualifies a member for leasing equipment.
Bubba4

bubba04 said:
I want to again thank you guys for the quick response. I called Dish and they set me up with a leased 811. I only pay the $5 dollars a month (which I was paying anyway on the 301 for programming on that box) to lease it, and the $25 for shipping. So my monthly bill will not change at all. I've been with Dish for about a year and a half. I got this deal without any hassles. So I really don't know what qualifies a member for leasing equipment.
Bubba4

This is exactly what I want to do as well. So all I have to do is threaten to leave? :D I couldn't get the exec CSR number to work.

I called the main customer service number (800 333-3474) and got the deal done in 5 mins. I did get a call later that evening from Dish. They were offering me a 921 for $500. That sounded like a good deal, but I just found out that I can't get another cable run from my dish into the house. I'll stick with 2 811's. From the news on this board about what's to come with mpeg4, the 921 might not be a good choice for now. But there seems to be no problem snagging an 811.
Bubba04

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)