I want to upgrade to the HD package

Status
Please reply by conversation.

memo90061

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 26, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
i cant wait to have all these HD channels! i have been wanting to upgrade for a while now but the thing stopping me is that if i everything installed now, i will have to move the hd dvr receiver into another room later on when it gets built! how much does directv charge for them to come and move the receiver to another room?

thanks for the welcome! :D i already have directv and its installed. i just want to upgrade the antenna and the receiver. i still havent ordered the hr20 and the room still hasnt been built! i want to get the hd dvr now but then i would have to move the receiver into the new room that isnt built yet. I wanted to know how much would directv charge for them to move it to the new room whenever its already built. when will the hr21 be released?

I was wondering where I could see screen caps of the HR20 menu's and stuff! haha

Best bet is call Directv and order whatever you need done either hardware, dish or new wires. Best bet is usually ask for retention group or mention cancel in auto phone prompt. Then negotiate what you need based on suggesting leaving to another provider. Make sure they do all the items you need. As for screen shots.

HR20-700 - The Review - DBSTalk.Com

Bit dated but keep looking around. Here is another link.

HR20 FAQ - DBSTalk.Com

Guess they have toughened up their act over at Direct. I have been a sub for over 8 yrs and had two bad customer services experiences with them concerning this very same thing. So needless to say I contacted Dish and they were more than happy to accomdate me. Direct Tv's customer service has just got worse every year. I guess the bigger you get the more bully you can show. I advise everyone to go with Dish Network. They may be smaller but they try harder.

Guess they have toughened up their act over at Direct. I have been a sub for over 8 yrs and had two bad customer services experiences with them concerning this very same thing. So needless to say I contacted Dish and they were more than happy to accomdate me. Direct Tv's customer service has just got worse every year. I guess the bigger you get the more bully you can show. I advise everyone to go with Dish Network. They may be smaller but they try harder.

Good luck.

thanks guys! :D i really want to get it now!!! haha

ive seen some screen caps of directv receivers and the menu's all look different.. im confused! some menu's look how the directv on demand looks and some look like the regular directv receiver i have now which is D10.

I'm sure Hemi may have a different opinion on this one.

Call Dish in about 8 months and ask them to come out and move that receiver into another room for free. I want to hear that tune. about "trying harder" then.

Bottom line is that it costs both companies $$$ to send out a tech to relocate a receiver just because you watched a few too many HGTV shows and rearranged your home. Why is it a "bad customer experience" because they want to charge you for it? If it is so unreasonable to pay someone for doing a job, then do it yourself.:)

I recommend installing it now and when you build the room, have 2 RG-6 cables installed as part of the construction, connecting to the multiswitch. All you would need to do after it is complete is to disconnect the receiver from one room and connect it in the other room. There would be no need to have Directv do anything and you would have a neater installation than if they installed cables on the outside of the walls.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)