I want Voom HD! how do i get it?

Mike4

Original poster
Sep 11, 2005
I have a dish 500 i think i would need another dish to get Voom? Would a super dish work i would like to have one dish instead of 2 in the yard.

Hi Mike welcome to satelliteguys! :welcome

You could replace your Dish 500 for a new Dish 1000 that they should be releasing to the public soon, but so far they haven't yet so you're gonna have to wait a bit for the 1 dish voom solution.

Dish is holding a customer chat with the CEO about programming and other stuff Monday Night (9/12) at 9PM Eastern on channel 101.

You can also check back here during that time or later to read if they finally say anything about it

Mike4 said:
I have a dish 500 i think i would need another dish to get Voom? Would a super dish work i would like to have one dish instead of 2 in the yard.
Superdish won't work for 129 or 61.5. You could wait for the Dish1000 but that will more than likely cost you more than just adding another 18 inch wing dish. If adding a second dish make sure that the LNB is the same series as the dish500 is. A simple DP21 or SW21 (depending if dishpro or not) could be used to connect the wing to the dish500.

Maybe I am confused but my understanding is that the dish 1000 is for the 110, 119, and 129. Then why would you be able to pick up 61.5 with it? It is at 143 degrees SW where the other signals are from 209-229. Or are you saying he should just upgrade to the dish 1000 and use his existing dish 500 to get the VOOM?
If you want VOOM "now" you would need a dish 300 with a DP single LNB and a DP-34 switch. Your dish 500 needs to have a DP LNB (just look on the front of it for the letters DP). If no DP then you need one to use with the switch. I wouldn't suggest VOOM unless you love tv that much. You don't get much for what you pay in my opinion. Do you have a high def receiver?

And let's not forget that now the voom channels are also on satellite 129! so that's another option if he can't get a lock on 61.5. Just make sure you tell the CSR that you DO have a dish pointed at 61.5, cause at this point they don't know yet that the channels are also on 129! :eek:

mwgiii said:
If you want Voom now, instead of waiting for the Dish 1000, you can add a dish to point to 61.5 satellite.

You might be able to get 61.5 installed for free, if you have locals on 61.5. Check here for a list: http://ekb.dbstalk.com/143

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts