I *was* real excited. Then I looked at Lyngsat.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
It looks like unless I am able to obtain spousal approval and the requisite huge C-band dish, my HD viewing will be limited to Pentagon on 101W and
PBS on 125W. Besides the occasional feed that might pop up, is there anything else free and HD on Ku band between 30W and 131W that maybe I missed?

There are the NBC feeds on 103. The microHD will also tune the non-HD stuff too if you are interested.

LPBHD on 87W and Shalom on 99W too.

When I was typing my reply I had LPBHD in my head some how forgot to type it..:rolleyes: Shalom in HD is one I did not know or forgot.

It looks like unless I am able to obtain spousal approval and the requisite huge C-band dish, my HD viewing will be limited to Pentagon on 101W and
PBS on 125W. Besides the occasional feed that might pop up, is there anything else free and HD on Ku band between 30W and 131W that maybe I missed?

When all else fails the old reliable "It's easier to apologize than to ask permission." comes to mind. Once the investment/installation is committed to, go with "It would be a waste to not finish honey". Offer and be prepared to agree for her to spend an equal amount on something she deems "necessary". That usually smooths things over.

HispanTV HD on 30W. However, a Spanish language channel from Iran isn't exactly everybody's idea of TV. Nice picture, though.

Pepper, do you mind if I ask -- do they sell satsumas in Satsuma, AL?

Yes we occasionally have satsumas here. Used to be a major crop for the area until one too many cold winters finished them off.

I have been known to use the old standby "maybe I should take up fishing, wonder how much a new bass boat would cost" when wanting to spend money on hobby gear.

I always forget which one of the satellites has the "weird" skew, is it 103W? I've been able to scan the NBC-HD stuff and can get a picture but it freezes constantly.

Unfortunately it looks like I have a tree that's grown into the path for 125W so no PBS-HD yet for me.

I must say, after initial hiccups I am very impressed with this box.

Thanks, yeah, I just found that in another related thread along with the fact that the satelliteguys look angle calculator tells me it needs to be skewed 3 degrees right instead of 23 left as would be normal. Now that there's something there I want to see, time to put out the old fixed primestar dish which I took down but luckily never got around to digging up the pole.

103W is a prime candidate for a fixed dish because of the messed up skew.

I'm not going to have time to set up a new fixed dish before the Olympics, so I guess I'll be temporarily moving my 1M CM from 125W to 103W for Olympic coverage...

I simply place an offset LNBF correctly skewed with a 22khz switch on my motorized dish specifically for this satellite. On the microHD, I created a 2nd 103w KU satellite for the NBC channels. Only this satellite setting selects the offset LNBF and drives the dish to the offset position and switches the 22khz ON. :D

Brian, I assume you use DiSEqC 1.2 for the offset LNBF motor positioning?

I'm using USALS across the board except for 30W (out of USALS range for me)...

Doesn't matter if using an offset satellite longitude position in USALS or DiSEqC 1.2. Both will work. Currently, the skewed 103w LNBF is on the east side of the main LNBF and offset 6 degrees. I have programmed the position to be 97w USALS with the 22khz switch ON.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts