I Went On a Shopping Spree.. Woohoo

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Chief,

As long as you follow the instructions to a Tee, you shouldn't have too much trouble. If you aren't familiar with setting up dishes, you may want to try finding the different satellites without the motor, just so that you are familiar with where the birds are in the sky, then add the motor on after you've managed to obtain signal. "Blind Scan" is a great tool to find out what satellite you are pointed at. That's how I started out with digital signals. For years I was used to analog and I could quickly identify which satellite I was on by which channels were coming in. Digital is a whole different game.

If you need assistance, just let me know, I could possibly swing by next weekend. This weekend I am working up on Manitoulin Island and won't be home until late Monday afternoon.

Just have fun, and be very patient.

Good Luck!

Thanks Davage.. I may take you up on that offer if I cant get it set correctly... I have set up dishes before.. I used to have a subscription for bell and Shaw Direct (when they were Starchoice) and I set those dishes up myself but I can see where setting up a motor can be tricky.. Im just getting eager to get this going and the week is going so slow:(

I have the dish put together and I pre-wired the LNB feeds and zipped striped them to the dish arm making sure that I have enough to allow the dish to move without stretching the feeds.. I also mounted a 4x1 weather proof DiSEqC switch on the back of the dish.. all that needs to be done is mount the dish then mount the LNB to the arm:D

Last edited:
Your 39" dish will give good results. I use a 1m Winegard in Port Hope and just love the dish. It mainly stays on RTV now, but is big enough for a very reliable signal on most satellites. I also use the QPH-031, and have used them for some time now. Bought my first one in spring of 2006, and untill this past summer, had never had one fail, then two failed in one month. Both had a lot of hours on them. Still use Invacoms as they have been the best performing LNBF's I have tried.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts