I won a StarBox USB FTA Receiver! Now what???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cegarrett

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Shreveport, LA
O.K. So I won A StarBox USB FTA Receiver! from the SatelliteGuys Birthday Blowout now what else do I need to get this thing going?

I have an Old D* Elliptical dish, an original Voom 18" Dish and A "upgraded" 24" Voom Dish I thought it was a 30" but I measured it and it's only a 24" :(

Will one of these work for FTA I've read 30" or more will the rules bend for this?

I also have the LNB from my Voom dish here are the specs:
Eagle DTV32+
Digital Circular Polarity
Dual Output LNBF (I only need One output)
Input: 12.2-12.7 Ghz
Output: 950 - 1450 Mhz
Mfg: Pro Brand International, Inc.

I don't think this LNB will work for FTA but I thought I'd ask.

If these are not good enough what do you suggest(LNB and/or Dish size)?

I may get a rotor for my dish if I don't have to spend too much to get this working If so then which do you suggest?

Sorry for all of the Noobie Questions but I've got to start somewhere?

Thanks in advance,
Cegarrett

Well done! You really are going to need at LEAST a 30" dish and a KU LNBF to get the FULL use form your new USB BOX. A 24" dish will work for really strong signals but even they will be gone at the slightest rain fall.

You can use the dish and LNB you have to get started......

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=730910#post730910

If I were starting again I would go for an SG2100 motor, a Winegard 30" dish and an Xtreme KU LNBF. But of course as always get the BIGGEST dish you can get away with.

PSB said:
Well done! You really are going to need at LEAST a 30" dish and a KU LNBF to get the FULL use form your new USB BOX. A 24" dish will work for really strong signals but even they will be gone at the slightest rain fall.

You can use the dish and LNB you have to get started......

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=730910#post730910

If I were starting again I would go for an SG2100 motor, a Winegard 30" dish and an Xtreme KU LNBF. But of course as always get the BIGGEST dish you can get away with.

O.K. So I need a new dish and LNB What input range is KU? Do I need a dual band like this one. or is This what I should be looking at. I'm starting to look at Dishes now and will prob. wait on a rotor for now.

Thanks Again,
Cegarrett

No real need for a dual band/universal LNBF in this country right now, so both are great LNB's

I would make a point of buying from the company that sponsored your prize : )

One more question

O.k. I think I'm going to get a 36" Dish and a SNH031 LNB Just one more question.

Should I buy a cheap (SF-95) Satellite Signal Meter/Finder Is it necessary since I won't have a rotor for now. I'm Thinking that It may help when I adjust my E* Dish also.

Just wondering,
CeGarrett

If you can see the TV from the dish then there will be no need for a satellite meter.

Otherwise they can help but often they pull you to any stronger satellites close by (DBS) to the KU satellite you are looking for. So a TV hooked up to the receiver at the dish is just as good as the best satellite meter you can buy to positively ID. the satellite. You just enter the Frequency, Polarity and SR. of a LIVE TP./Channel on the satellite you are looking for and watch the satellite signal quality meter on the TV as you point the dish.

But they work great for DBS satellites!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts