I would like some advice

MegaDuck

Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
I only have one open air antenna, with 8 TV's in the house. I don't have a dish or sattelite. My question is --What is the best thing for me to do to get HD to all 8 of my TV's.
Do I have to purchase 8 HD receivers or Is there a multiplexer that I can get. The analog channels that I get are all crystal clear.
Now, don't laugh at me to much, I'm just a poor ole country boy in TN.
Any advice is much appreciated

If you are referring to digital TV (still SD, but digital not analog) then you will need a box for every TV.

For HD, you would obviously need HD TVs and an HD tuner for each TV.

I don't think there is a reasonably priced HD distribution system out there, plus each HD box only tunes to one channel, so all 8 of your TVs would have to be on the same channel if you only had one box, and split it to all of your TVs.

-John

I say to sell 8 TVs that you have and get one nice HD TV with built in HD turner. Then you can watch and enjoy HD.

--What is the best thing for me to do to get HD to all 8 of my TV's.

Once you get a real HDTV you really won't want to watch the other 7 sets.

But, get the two almost free converter boxes with coupons from www.dtv2009.gov. Buy a VCR or DVD recorder with a digital tuner for two more. Split the channel 3/4 modulator outputs from those 4 boxes and also feed the remaining TV's. That'll cover you for four programs at once.

To get HD you will need HD TVs

Well, I borrowed a HD Receiver and pluged it up to some of my TV's one at a time. And WOW, What a clear picture on them. None of the TV's that I plugged up to, is not HD TV's. I was receiving around 12-15 HD Channels.

To your reply, I'm not saying your wrong, but My TV's are not HD TV's.

And thanks for the replies. I have read alot on this forum. Lots of great info, here.

I only have one open air antenna, with 8 TV's in the house. I don't have a dish or sattelite. My question is --What is the best thing for me to do to get HD to all 8 of my TV's.
An OTA antenna generally doesn't discriminate between analog and digital signals. If you're receiving analog SD programming, you're probably also set up for digital SD and digital HD programming. All you need is digital tuners.

There is no practical way to convert all digital signals to analog signals.

Well, I borrowed a HD Receiver and pluged it up to some of my TV's one at a time. And WOW, What a clear picture on them. None of the TV's that I plugged up to, is not HD TV's. I was receiving around 12-15 HD Channels.

To your reply, I'm not saying your wrong, but My TV's are not HD TV's.

And thanks for the replies. I have read alot on this forum. Lots of great info, here.

And this is the problem, most people don't know the difference between digital tv broadcasts and hd programming and equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)