I would like some recommendations please

madpb

Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
MY installer will be here (hopefully) Tuesday morning to hook my new 50 inch plasma.

I read some of you have bought 30 inch dishes/lnb from Ebay and other sources. Would you give me the make/model or even a link and would I need it in Florida?

Also , can I use a standard direct tv lnb and oval (legacy stuff ) or dish 300/lnb and point it to 61.5? ( 61.5 being VOOM?) My thoughts are to take the Voom box with me to a friends house to watch on his HD tv in a different city .(Florida)

I have also read here that people are buying their own OTA antennae(upgrade) from what Voom gives us. I read that I need a 'medium directional'. Any suggestions on a good model to buy? (Ebay maybe ?)

madpb said:
MY installer will be here (hopefully) Tuesday morning to hook my new 50 inch plasma.

I read some of you have bought 30 inch dishes/lnb from Ebay and other sources. Would you give me the make/model or even a link and would I need it in Florida?

Also , can I use a standard direct tv lnb and oval (legacy stuff ) or dish 300/lnb and point it to 61.5? ( 61.5 being VOOM?) My thoughts are to take the Voom box with me to a friends house to watch on his HD tv in a different city .(Florida)

winegard 30" part # ds2077 d tube design, standard mast $29.99 at perfect10 distributing 1.800.205.8620 does not include shipping

dragon

p.s. it will use the voom or directv lnbs, they are identical

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)