I wouldnt watch BSG if it were being filmed in my guest bedroom

Heard the same garbage before from when it first launched. People even had e-mails from Sci-Fi PR department saying there was no HD channel while we're watching HD programming. Here's a link https://www.nbcunetworks.com/Webpage/Techspecs/ViewPublicTechSpecs.aspx?NetworkId=MjE= that shows how they're distributing the channel.

There is a difference between having HD delivery capability and delivering HD content.

If memory serves "Tinman" was advertised and delivered in HD, but it was one of the few shows that was. The article linked above addresses this issue in depth.

There is a difference between having HD delivery capability and delivering HD content.

If memory serves "Tinman" was advertised and delivered in HD, but it was one of the few shows that was. The article linked above addresses this issue in depth.

So you say you're right when you refer to an link which says:

"Meanwhile, why is there no high-def version of the FX network, which brings us popular original programming such as Nip/Tuck and Rescue Me? Or how about the USA Network, home of Monk? With such limited space on the dial (cable and satellite providers face a tight bandwidth crunch), why waste it on the dumbed-down channels?"

Both of these channels show HD content? Sorry, IMHO and others, you are just plain wrong, but if thats whats you think you go right ahead and be happy watching your SD channel.

So you say you're right when you refer to an link which says:

"Meanwhile, why is there no high-def version of the FX network, which brings us popular original programming such as Nip/Tuck and Rescue Me? Or how about the USA Network, home of Monk? With such limited space on the dial (cable and satellite providers face a tight bandwidth crunch), why waste it on the dumbed-down channels?"

Both of these channels show HD content? Sorry, IMHO and others, you are just plain wrong, but if thats whats you think you go right ahead and be happy watching your SD channel.
I will back that up. Nip/tuck and Monk I know were in HD.

I will back that up. Nip/tuck and Monk I know were in HD.

Give USA network a ring about Monk. They will tell you it is not HD. Same with SPEED HD. SPEED will tell you they have almost no HD content. If you ask the source, they will tell you they have very little HD content. There is a difference between a 16x9 picture with a Dolby Digital soundtrack and true HD. My DVD upconverter produces a beuatiflul 16x9 image with a Dolby Digital or DTS soundtrack that is not HD. But, as stated earlier, ignorance is bliss.

I thought this thread was about the Sci Fi Channel and BSG in particular. Earlier you stated that this was not in HD, I and others contend that it is. You posted your "proof" which included links to a story from what you considered the "Pros". This story did not even mention SciFi HD, nice proof. Others have produced links that do indeed have proof in them contrary to what you have stated. Now is your object just to throw up everything on the wall and see what sticks? Where did anyone ask about Speed HD? You have given out misinformation about Sci Fi and some folks may wander in here and believe it. That is my issue, giving out misinformation on the subject at hand.

Give USA network a ring about Monk. They will tell you it is not HD. Same with SPEED HD. SPEED will tell you they have almost no HD content. If you ask the source, they will tell you they have very little HD content. There is a difference between a 16x9 picture with a Dolby Digital soundtrack and true HD. My DVD upconverter produces a beuatiflul 16x9 image with a Dolby Digital or DTS soundtrack that is not HD. But, as stated earlier, ignorance is bliss.
Dude, I can say I called them and they said everything is in HD. Whats your point?
Your proof is lacking.

I thought this thread was about the Sci Fi Channel and BSG in particular. Earlier you stated that this was not in HD, I and others contend that it is. You posted your "proof" which included links to a story from what you considered the "Pros". This story did not even mention SciFi HD, nice proof. Others have produced links that do indeed have proof in them contrary to what you have stated. Now is your object just to throw up everything on the wall and see what sticks? Where did anyone ask about Speed HD? You have given out misinformation about Sci Fi and some folks may wander in here and believe it. That is my issue, giving out misinformation on the subject at hand.
No misinformation. HD is shot in HD and transfered in HD. So much "HD" content is not HD. Ever watch Seinfield on TBS HD? It is 16x9 with a Dolby Digital soundtrack, but it is not HD. That is the point. Some upconverting DVD players display a beautiful FS image with DD sountrack, but it is not HD. Is it an improvement of the original SD source? Maybe, but the image is still not and never will be HD.

Does SciFi have the capability to produce an HD green room? It would take a lot of computing capacity and hours of programing. Would they make that expensive move when the public is happy with an upconverted SD image? Most of the people who watch TV did not mind when the VCR blinked 12:00 so why would they pay attention to upconverted SD vs HD. Most just won't take the time analyze the source.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)