IA5 & Heavy Pixelation?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrtrance

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
I'm using coolsat5K (connected by component), 31" fortec, 0.4db sadoun ku linear dual lnb to get IA5. After setting it up I'm getting heavy pixelation on some of channels which have a lot of motion. I'm watching on a 55" widescreen rear projection lcd tv. Is there something wrong with my setup or is it just my digital television? Anything I can do to fix this problem? The transponder that these channels are on I'm getting a quality of upper 80's. Anyone else having issues like this with using a digital television or is it just my setup?

most transponders on T5 aka IA5 are very poor quality (cheaply made) and that's why you see the heavy pixelation. It has been like that for many years and looks the same on most TV sets from tube to plasmas.

I also assumed that some of this may directly relate to how the stations compress and process their signal to begin with. Either that, or their source material isn't all that good...I get the feeling some of the smaller-budgeted stations use a lot of shortcuts (like WMV videos for archiving) to get their signal out.

What is the channel(s) that you are noticing the pixelation on? There are weaker and stronger Txs on T5. In my case it can vary between low 60s to mid 90s (signal quality and not the strength).

global0 said:
What is the channel(s) that you are noticing the pixelation on? There are weaker and stronger Txs on T5. In my case it can vary between low 60s to mid 90s (signal quality and not the strength).

I'm getting heavy pixelation on TP11.898. Signal quality is in the upper 80's on the channels on this transponder.

I assume for Asianet & Amrita TV? (since they are the only two free ones there)

I am going to go on a limb and say not enough bandwidth. the church channels on 11966 & 12177 look really good (and there is more channels on these)

Iceberg said:
I assume for Asianet & Amrita TV? (since they are the only two free ones there)

I am going to go on a limb and say not enough bandwidth. the church channels on 11966 & 12177 look really good (and there is more channels on these)

Weird thing happens when I do a auto scan on coolsat5K on IA5. When autoscan is done, only like one of those stations will be in the guide. Then when I do PID scan on that transponder, either one will be gone and the other appears or both will disapper. What's causing the missing channels?

Last edited by a moderator:
if its stored already, it will store it in the original spot in your channel list. As an example, my channels go from East to West (Amazonas 1st, them AMC6 at 72, SBS6 at 74, etc)

When i redo a scan, all the new channels show at the end and the duplicates are in their original spot on my channel list

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts