IA8 on 4DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tim Mostad

Original poster
Sep 16, 2005
IA8 took up residence at 89W where T4 used to be. Can I use the T4 designator on 4DTV to tune it? Is there anything there that 4DTV can get?

T4 will work for the C-Band side of IA-8, but for the Ku side, L4 needs some adjustments. I think if you reverse polarity, it will work for most channels, but I think there are more transponders on IA-8 which aren't mapped yet.

Thanks for the reply. I just read somewhere that L6 might work as-is. Anyone confirm this?

ICEMAN929 said:
what FTA recivers can i use with my system?

Any kind you want, I have a Satworks 3618, but there are numerous others out there that are as good or better. You might want to start a thread in the MPEG2 section, that way more members can see it and you will get more opinions on FTA receivers.

Here is my BUD:

Attachments

• Dsc00210.jpg
    Dsc00210.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Dsc00212.jpg
    Dsc00212.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 166
I am also having trouble with satellite names. I am trying to slave viewsat 2000 to
a 4dtv 920. I have t4 set up but what name would the viewsat have it under? Every
satellite I try to scan I get the message "no tv channel" . I am having a lot of trouble trying to get this to work.

firtrader said:
I am also having trouble with satellite names. I am trying to slave viewsat 2000 to
a 4dtv 920. I have t4 set up but what name would the viewsat have it under? Every
satellite I try to scan I get the message "no tv channel" . I am having a lot of trouble trying to get this to work.
I know nothing about the Viewsat, but on my Pansat, I had to rename a satellite. I used the Directv satellite that was located at 101.0w and renamed it and changed the degree to 89.0w. It worked easily for me, as I wasn't using that satellite anyway. There should also be a way to create a new satellite and store it into the Viewsat.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts