i'd be pulling out my hair if i had any left. how do you get rid of extra channels from the blind s

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
i scan 101w c-band and get all sorts of channels from 99w. do i have to pull my channel list and edit it? or do i just delete the transponders the unwanted channels are on? thanks, charlie

When you delete the TPs you also delete the channels at the same time. Just make sure that you leave ONE TP on that satellite if it's an AZBox!!! Openbox S9s do the same thing, ie, when you delete the TP the channels associated with it are gone also but you can delet them ALL on the S9 without any problems.

What you need to do is make sure you're on the Satellite you want to scan before you hit the scan button.

Charlie,

You can delete just the channels or the entire TP with the remote through the menus, however, if you do so it will only delete the items from the "working file". The backup file will still retain these channels / transponders and this can create some conflicts in the future. So, there is a more appropriate method.

Use ACC 1.1 to upload the dat files from the AZBox to your PC and save them, close ACC. Open these files with MaZEdit and delete the unwanted channels and transponders and save those edits, close MaZEdit. Then, reopen ACC 1.1 and download the dat files back to the AZBox. This action temporarily sets the attributes of the backup file so that it is "writable" - normally it is "read only". This way, you save the edits / deletions to both the working and the backup files.

Also, it sounds as if your dish may not be perfectly aligned or that it does not have a good adjacent signal rejection quality. It may be a little of both. Picking up signals from both satellites (99 and 101) seems to be a common occurrence. I got a bit of that when I first started out with a 76 cm dish and I had to tweak it to avoid the overlap. When I set up my 1.2 M dish, I didn't notice this anomaly.

RADAR

Last edited:
the dish is 7.5'. lnb is 741dmx. i deleted all channels, moved the dish west to where geb was started to reduce quality and then did a blind scan on 101w. i got about 15 channels from adjacent satellite. and i can switch satellites from 101 to 99w and get a good signal without moving the antenna. maybe that is a plus? same with scanning 97w c-band. i get the same channels from 99w so 99w comes barreling though. q is over 90 on some of the channels there. but the dvb-s2 tp's don't bleed over. will be interesting when i get the microhd and see if it makes any difference. i do have the dsr-220c so hopefully the microhd has the same method of deleting channels. i switched the upstairs receiver back to the s9 because it is so much easier to operate. i was getting frustrated with the azbox while my wife was watching... charlie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)