Ideas for possible mini bud?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Ok guys I put a hot dish 90 and SG2100 in last year for my brother. I also put in a 6 foot cband dish which is a fixed dish. The yard is very, very small and he'd love more cband stuff. Right now we are limited to 87w-95W on cband. We get the full KU band no problem on the Hotdish. I'm toying with the idea of putting a Geosat C/KU lnb on the Hotdish. Any additional cband at all would be an improvement. The problem I'm wondering is how well will the KU side of a C/KU lnb work with the Hotdish, when compared to the plain old WSI Tracker 2 KU lnb that's already on it? I've used the Geosat C/Ku Lnb on my 8 footer with variable KU results. I realize the Hotdish is a totally different type of dish than the 8 footer. I may not gain enough reliable Cband to even make it work the effort. If anything works I realize only the strongest stuff might come in anyway. So I'm not sure if I should leave things as is or experiment?
Blind

If you can aim at 99 west c-band that would be a big, and consistent addition to your brother's viewing possibilities. From time to time, any satellite from 135w down may have good stuff. As far as over the Atlantic, I can't see that from here, but maybe you can. British and European stuff has been reported from time to time as being pretty good.

I figure if you can motorize and if you have a broad view of the arc, you should be able to about triple your brother's c-band viewing possibilities.

C/Ku LNBFs are designed for the FD range found on a typical prime focus dish. They have not be designed for the .5 -.7 FD range found on smaller offset dishes. The KU-band is much less forgiving in FD mismatches and will not have acceptable performance. The incorrect FD coupled with the extremely undersized 90cm dish size for C-band will result in unacceptable performance and reception on either band.

C-band on a 1.2M dish provides reception of only the strongest transponders. C-band on a 90cm will provide unreliable reception of even these strongest C-band transponders.

Thanks guys. Brian I was kind of thinking I'd screw up what we already had on KU and no sense doing that. It's works well enough as is, so I'm leaving it alone...Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)