Identify this LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GrumpyGuy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 17, 2006
Northeast Ohio
Wish I had photographed the dish before tearing it down, but ...

The LNB/feedhorn combination in the attached pic was mated to an off-white fiberglass dish measuring 1.26 meters wide X 1.36 meters tall with a short focal length. Until recently it was used to provide in-store music at a True Value Hardware store, probably Muzak, but I do not know this for a fact.

The body of the dish is similar in material and design to a couple of smaller (.75 and .9 meter) Channel Master dishes I have in my collection, but this one has no identifying markings molded into its backside. There is a flat, raised, rectangular area on its backside where a label of some sort was meant to be affixed, but there is no evidence that any label was ever placed there or anywhere else.

The only markings I can find are on the LNB:

BSCB38H01
Serial No.
Made in Japan

Anybody have any ideas? A full spec sheet would be great, but even an informed guess regarding the manufacturer would be welcome.

Attachments

• MysteryLNB.JPG
    MysteryLNB.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 207
I have 3 that are close to yours. one says Echostar on it and the one has a serial number just about what yours does. I will dig up a picture but the important part is the serial number. Mine is BSCC83N01. And up hear the area where the cover is on the end it is stamped CHAPARRAL. I would think that yours is also a chaparral.
It is probably a single polarity so you would have to skew for H and V. I have one pointed at 83 for RTV and one pointed at 123 for that bird. The one with the long neck says chaparral. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• PICT0055.JPG
    PICT0055.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 146
I agree with gremlin 411 that you probably have a 1.2 m prodelin dish. I also have a dish setup that was used as a music source for a pub (XM Radio). The LNB that you have looked very similar to mine. It also was made in Japan and it is a NORSAT LNB. They are usually a single polarity LNB.

Thanks for your input, guys.

I feels like a few Norsats I have ... very dense with a thick white ceramic-like finish, but it could be from another mfg.

Guess I will just have to play with it a bit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts