Identifying 4-segment fiberglass dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

localsat

Original poster
Aug 2, 2014
Oregon
Do fiberglass dish panels have identifying marks as to who made them anywhere on them? I picked up a free 4-panel dish with polar mount, but can't seem to find out who manufactured it. I've heard that 4-panel dishes were commonly copied/"pirated" if you will, and these clones have a less-than-desirable shape to them. Anyone heard of this? I can post pictures if that helps!

Posting pictures would be your best bet on fiberglass.

Any body could make a fiberglas dish in their back yard. All it took was a mound of sand to serve as a mold, fiberglass cloth and some resin. Some of the copy cats even forgot to put screening in the fiberglass to serve as a reflector. Prodelin, Channel Master and I think Winegard did make some good commercial dishes but few others were consistent quality.

USS [Maspro] made a 2 piece in 10 & 12 Ft. Also had a 16ft, but can't remember if that was 2 or 3 pieces. Most are still in commercial service yet today. We sold the same 10 ft model w/ polar mount for 'personal' use BITD. Expensive, yes, but worth the performance. Outperformed any other 'glass or mesh by miles.

Here are some pics of the dish after I brought it home. Came with a Saginaw jack (not pictured).
20140806_094033.jpg 20140806_094040.jpg 20140806_094059.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)