Idot csr

dude2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
I called dish tonight to report one channel that had the audio and lips out of sync, all other channels were fine.
The csr i got asked what kind of cables I had behind the 622 and I asked input or output. He didn;t understand that. He then asked me how was the picture getting to the tv. I told him HDMI. He then informed me that he could not help me unless I would change over to component video cables. He actualy told me that hdmi cables do not work on a 622. duh, is he for real.

Classic SatGuys thread title. Nice one.

The 622 has lots of issues with its HDMI port. The "idot" gave pretty good advice. Run component out for video and optical out for audio (if your setup supports it).

The CSR was kinda right, as the HDMI outputs don't work on a lot of 622s.

However if they do work on yours, then there is a good chance that you would get your best results by usng HDMI for video and the digital optical/toslink connector for audio.

The CSR was kinda right, as the HDMI outputs don't work on a lot of 622s.

However if they do work on yours, then there is a good chance that you would get your best results by usng HDMI for video and the digital optical/toslink connector for audio.

Absolutely. Its what I use.

It also strikes me that there is a good chance the problem you had was with the feed from the channel and not your 622.

Even tech support can't get it right. I go on trouble calls and the problem was only that the customer changed their channel ie video 1 because of rca jacks. If the teckie would have asked some questions, that woiuld have saved a roll.

My 622 was fine as I suspected and after I emailed tech support, channel 9's audio lip sync was fixed within 5 minutes and has been fine ever since.

What exactly is an idot csr?

2itslrl.gif

I'm having my best help with emailing the tech department listed on the dish website. Solving the lip sync issue with one email to them is proof that calling is a waste of time.
I know it was not the problem of the local station as i checked the sd version before I called and no lip sync problem on that channel and the infor was still going through the hdmi, and all other channels were fine.

I'm having my best help with emailing the tech department listed on the dish website. Solving the lip sync issue with one email to them is proof that calling is a waste of time.
I know it was not the problem of the local station as i checked the sd version before I called and no lip sync problem on that channel and the infor was still going through the hdmi, and all other channels were fine.

Not having sync issue on sd in no indication that the HD broadcast is ok locally. SD/HD audio is completely independent of each other as far as I know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)