If Charter Communications Is Available In Your Area-Read This

nnicko

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2004
If you have Charter Communications in your area and do not have a long term commitment with DIRECTV, Dish, etc. please read my "If you have Charter Communications in your area" posting currently on the first page of "Voom News and Developments" forum.

Bear in mind that what I posted is what I got for MY location and the same may or may not be available in your area.

Also, note that, for me anyways, the deal has a 30-day money-back guarantee. It's a no-hassle install 'cause there's no dish to install. If it's available to you, you've got nothing to lose by trying the service and you'll still have your DIRECTV service.

Man, the Scientific Atlanta 160GB dual tuner HD DVR is great. I've already recorded two dozen movies and I'm only half full. I also have a Toshiba RD-XS32 HD recorder so I can just copy everything from the DVR to the recorder and then make DVD copies, thus clearing out my DVR and recorder and I'm ready to go again.

If you have any questions, please contact me. :D

Charter

I have charter in my area and they are not worth it. I had all kinds of problems with them and there CSR. They charged me $20 for 3 HD channels. there costumer service is horrible, when I first got hdtv about a year ago I called them and they said oh yea we have HD in your area and adding channels all the time. so in that time they didn't add anything. then when I talked to the local CSR they said that happens all the time and it would be a while before they add any channels so I changed to D*

JIM

My neighbor had Charter, before he switched to DirecTV. The analog picture was horrible. They spent five service calls and strung cables like spider webs all over the inside of the attic. Negotiating through the attic was like going through the jungle undergrowth.

I later upgrade his horrible DirecTV "fulfillment" "free" install and removed all of the Charter cables. Evidently, one Charter installer had gouged one of the entry cables in the wall with his drill bit. Now the wires in his attic are clean and in neat bundles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts