If I bought my 722K questions:

fredp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Williston, Vermont
Thinking about upgrading my 622 for a 722K. Similar to a thread going on now but didn't want to side track it.
My 622 is a refurb and while working perfectly I might want to take advantage of some of the new receiver features.

1. If I buy my 722K, activate and return my leased 622 am I stuck with any commitment? I currently have no commitment.

2. I currently have the Dish protection plan. If I have a problem and call Dish to resolve,
would I get a 722K replacement or since this is my receiver get whatever they're sending out?

3. Since a high percentage of failures probably involve the harddrive, are replacement drives more available then what I've read here for smaller, earlier DVR models?

1. If you buy, no commitment.

2. They replace with what you already have.

3. Not really.

1. If you buy, no commitment.

2. They replace with what you already have.

3. Not really.

#2 A 722K will be replaced by a 722K refurb not a new 722K. Why spend $300-400 to avoid a commitment are you planning on leaving immediately after upgrading?

Last edited:
I wouldn't justify the cost of purchasing one to avoid a contract because I don't believe the etf would be greater than the cost. If I'm correct the DIU is 10.50/month, not totally sure on that, but I think you would be further ahead leasing the 722k. Just my opinion.

#2 A 722K will be replaced by a 722K refurb not a new 722K. Why spend $300-400 to avoid a commitment are you planning on leaving immediately after upgrading?

Please read the first post again. He has a 622. And NO WHERE did he say he was planning on leaving. What's up with you today, creative reading???

Last edited:
Please read the first post again. He has a 622. And NO WHERE did he say he was planning on leaving. What's up with you today, creative reading???

I think he is asking why the hang up on extending the contract to upgrade to a 722k if you don't plan on leaving any time soon.

He could have his reasons for not wanting a contract but I always found paying the early term fee was usually cheaper than paying for my own equipment if I decided to leave.

I think he is asking why the hang up on extending the contract to upgrade to a 722k if you don't plan on leaving any time soon.

Some people simply don't like the idea of "handcuffs". Plus, none of us should be reading between some one else's lines

Some people simply don't like the idea of "handcuffs". Plus, none of us should be reading between some one else's lines
Thanks all. No I'm not planning on leaving but if I can avoid yet another multi-year commitment the higher out of pocket cost is worth it to me.

I'd question the answers on #2 ... if you *buy* the 722k ... even though you have dish protection plan.. why would dish protect something you own? I mean outside any other normal warranty (ie. does a 722k come from manufacture with a 1 year warranty?)

I'd be afraid to own the 722k ... have it go bad, dish replaces the 722k with another, and then claims its now their leased receiver (even if not charging you a lease fee) and you must return it to them upon leaving.. FUD .. I know..

I'd question the answers on #2 ... if you *buy* the 722k ... even though you have dish protection plan.. why would dish protect something you own? I mean outside any other normal warranty (ie. does a 722k come from manufacture with a 1 year warranty?)

You can question all you want. But the answers still stand.

I'd be afraid to own the 722k ... have it go bad, dish replaces the 722k with another, and then claims its now their leased receiver (even if not charging you a lease fee) and you must return it to them upon leaving.. FUD .. I know..

That's why you always do a doublecheck to make sure it is owned, after Dish Network replaces it That's what I did(and it was listed as owned) when I had them replace my 622.;)

Now the 722k I have now is leased it made more sense to lease because I was going to do the HD for Life so I would be in a 24 month commitment anyways.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts