If I buy an Ipad?

my advice....get an android.Your not forced into the apple ecosystem.For $250 to $300 you can get a very nice android with an sd card slot.But that's just my opinion.

We of the Kool-Aid brigade are now headed your way with the torches and pitchforks! ;)

I googled ipad 3 64gb and got so many different ipads it was completely confusing, They not only charge more for different colors, but they have some with retina display, Unlocked(what the hell does that even mean, used, minis, gen 1, gen 2 , refurbished, with iphone service from ATT, etc. I did not find a ipad 3 with 64gb at a lesser price than $429 other than used and I would rather not buy used, because some come with craked corners etc. Help? Anyone have a link to a better price. I am ready to buy one to go with my new Hopper sling.

It is exceedingly unlikely you will find a NEW iPad3, as it is a couple generations old.

Buy recertified from the Apple store, it may be a little more but you get a fully checked out ipad with 1 yr warranty just like a new one. They have several different models available (mini, full size 3 & 4, & various amounts of storage). You can call Apple & they will answer questions.

Excellent for peace of mind.

Whatever you get, you might want a cover. This allows propping it up for easier use, and protection in drops and some have keyboards. Kinda negates the lightness of the latest model, though.

I have iPad 2, 3 and Air. All with 64 GB (128GB for the Air) and a reconditioned iPad Mini (1G). Probably no reconditioned iPad Airs available yet. I routinely buy reconditioned electronics when available.

All have cell phone capability which I have never used. IMHO, in most circumstances, you will get the most bang for the buck from more memory. If you carry a cell phone, you can use it as a hotspot for the iPhone as gdarwin suggested. Verify that your cell phone can act as a hotspot and that your carrier allows tethering. ATT charges a $10 monthly fee for using your cell phone as a hot spot. Don't know about other carriers.

On the other hand, if you have wireless service with ATT, only $10 per month to add an iPad with LTE service. No contact, start and stop service any time for a month. Not pushing ATT, just citing my experience. I recently switched to Consumer Cellular, saving about $65 per month, including paying off our two iPhones' ETF. But we are both very light users.

Unlocking refers to removing the code that restricts your phone to one carrier. All iPads come unlocked, so that is not a concern.

i bought an Android 7" tablet (EV3A TEGRA Note 7) last October, excellent specs for the price: $200 at Newegg. If I were starting out from scratch, I'd buy an Android tablet rather than an iPad. Same essential capability and much cheaper. Most iPad apps also come in an Android flavor. Takes a couple of days to adjust to Android, but not too much different from iOS.

Which you buy is a matter of personal preference. Both are good operating systems with good hardware.

I dunno,I'm just so used to no cuffs on with android.I tried to like Ios but it just felt so restrictive.Don't get me wrong Apple makes some dang fine equipment,if only it wasn't only for Apple.I cut my teeth on android,maybe that's why I like it so much better.I was in radio shack the other day just browsing,a salesman was making the ipad pitch to a customer,he was telling her how much more user friendly an ipad was vs a kindle fire,it was all I could do not to say anything to the old lady.You really can't get much easier than a kindle fire.My wifes aunt got her husband a KF for Christmas,he is no techie whatsoever,he basically took off with the kindle and hasn't come back!5 rudimentary questions was all he asked,the rest is history.

Anywho,I'm not trying to sell the op on android,ios is very nice,but it's pricey.

I won an Ipad Air 16GB at my work's Christmas party raffle. I haven't even taken it out of the box yet. I was SOOOO :D disappointed that it was only 16GB.

I won an Ipad Air 16GB at my work's Christmas party raffle. I haven't even taken it out of the box yet. I was SOOOO :D disappointed that it was only 16GB.

Put it on Cl or ebay and get what ya really want.;)

Take it to the Apple store for store credit and then used that towards a higher capacity model?

Actually, if my daughter gets accepted into an elite middle school she has applied to, I'll be giving it to her to use. Seems every other student had one when she took the tour. No one took notes on paper.

And all this time I was hoping to get enough referrals to get a free Ipad 2 from Dish...funny how things worked out.

If I had not received my iPad as a gift, I would probably have an Android tablet or maybe just my Note3 Android phablet.
i switch back and forth from A to I without much concern.
The Android tablets cost less usually include SD memory slots and USB. The only things they lack are the high price and the coolness of Apple. I gave up on cool about 50 years ago.

Memory Extension Devices

There are a number of memory extension devices out there that connect to IOS and Android devices via wifi. They're basically small wifi file servers. Some ( like the RAVPower FileHub Wireless SD Card Reader) accept SD cards, making the memory very flexible, and others (like the SanDisk Connect devices) have fixed internal memory. Does anybody have personal knowledge/experience with whether the Dish mobile apps can use the additional memory on those devices?

There are a number of memory extension devices out there that connect to IOS and Android devices via wifi. They're basically small wifi file servers. Some ( like the RAVPower FileHub Wireless SD Card Reader) accept SD cards, making the memory very flexible, and others (like the SanDisk Connect devices) have fixed internal memory. Does anybody have personal knowledge/experience with whether the Dish mobile apps can use the additional memory on those devices?

Doubtful, at least on iOS.

Unfortunately, dish does not support the use of external memory. This includes not being able to use the SD Card in an Android device (64 gig cards are <$40, this would be by far the best solution). Android might be a cheaper solution, but there are not many models with huge amounts of internal memory.

I guess DRM police don't want us to share are digital coppies on removable memory devices.
I suppose if you mailed your SD card to a friend in China, the programs on it might find there way to the pirate market.

Unfortunately, dish does not support the use of external memory. This includes not being able to use the SD Card in an Android device (64 gig cards are <$40, this would be by far the best solution). Android might be a cheaper solution, but there are not many models with huge amounts of internal memory.
Thanks David. I was afraid of that. You're right - not many 64GB Android tablets out there.

Well guys, I bit the bullet, but could not afford an IPad with 4g so I bought aAsus Eee Pad TF300TL-B1-BL 32 GB Tablet - 10.1" - In-plane Switching (IPS) Technology - 4G - NVIDIA Tegra 3 1.20 GHz - 1 GB RAM - Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich - LTE - Slate - 1280 x 800 Multi-touch Screen Display (LED Backlight) - Bluetooth.
32gb enough for me, but what is 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. I it better than Jelly Bean?

I could not find an Ipad with these function for under $800.

One cost saving measure that I have heard of is to buy the size of iPad a person desires with no 4G service. Rather they go with WiFi only and then buy an inexpensive used 4G Hotspot online, since iPad pricing is a factor for some. Then when they travel they pay for the HotSpot subscription, and when they return home, they deactivate it. This approach does save a person money.

Well guys, I bit the bullet, but could not afford an IPad with 4g so I bought aAsus Eee Pad TF300TL-B1-BL 32 GB Tablet - 10.1" - In-plane Switching (IPS) Technology - 4G - NVIDIA Tegra 3 1.20 GHz - 1 GB RAM - Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich - LTE - Slate - 1280 x 800 Multi-touch Screen Display (LED Backlight) - Bluetooth.
32gb enough for me, but what is 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. I it better than Jelly Bean?

I could not find an Ipad with these function for under $800.

ICS is older than jelly bean,still that's a very nice tablet imo.I had considered the ee pad before winding up with the sammy 8" tab.

Will we ever see Dish establish Original Programming?

Dish Anywhere Vs Individual Provider Access

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts