If I ever go back to Dish, can I have two Hoppers with Sling and a SuperJoey?

But how are those 4 Hoppers integrated, are they 2 systems, or can all Hoppers see all the other Hoppers? I think so, but can Hopper #1 access the Tuner on Hopper #4 like the Hopper can access the tuner on a Super Joey. It seems to be a different relationship, requiring more bandwidth (WAG).

Dish has not fully integrated two Hoppers in the same way that the Super Joey is integrated with its Hopper.

Future plans for moca might be compromised if they authorized too much utilization today. Technically, 2 HWS and 1 SJ might work, but not with what may be coming down the road.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

And yet there are those with 4 Hoppers and 12 tuners which seem to operate just fine.
But I haven't seen anyone report any stress test results. Four Hoppers sitting on the same net, mostly watching content from their local drives is not going to cause any issues. I'd like to see results of 3 and 4 hopper moca only systems where each Hopper plays two streams from a remote Hopper, with a couple of Joeys viewing at the same time, and for good measure make a couple of the streams OTA.

It's not so much can it work, but will it work reliably with the reality that many installs will be less than optimal.

Exactly, I'm sure stability and reliability play a part in that. Some customers have more than 6 leased tuners on an account, but after 6 the rest must be purchased. I believe that is the policy, but after you add that many tuners you may also get a call from an account verification team to ensure you aren't account stacking.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)