If I have my own dish & receivers can I start up new service?

Arkapigdiesel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Northwest Arkansas
With Dish Network? Would I just have to call Dish with serial numbers & the smart card number to activate the receivers?

A 722 receiver question.....would it be able to operate two TV's if one is upstairs and one is downstairs, with each TV being on opposite ends of the house?

How exactly does a receiver like the 722 operate two different TV's independently? Dish's equipment is waaaay different than what I'm used to dealing with (DirecTV). TIA.

Yes, a phone call would activate them if there in no balance due on the receivers and they were not leased units.
A 722 will operate two tv's independently of each other, you need to run a coax line from the back of the receiver to the tv at the opposite end of the house.

Call dish with the reciever number, they will tell you if it is free and clear. You better check first, I believe all 722's are considered leased.

If the 722 rcvr is upstairs on the opposite end of the house, how in the world will the remote control that's downstairs reach the rcvr that's upstairs? Need clarification on that please.

If the 722 rcvr is upstairs on the opposite end of the house, how in the world will the remote control that's downstairs reach the rcvr that's upstairs? Need clarification on that please.
it will make sure u hook up small antena in back of reciver

The standard remote 2 uses a UHF signal to control the receiver. Should reach in most cases. In rare cases that it doesn't there is also a way to rig the cable connecting the receiver to the TV to carry back the UHF signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts