If I return to DISH after 3 years do I still qualify for all of the new customer discounts?

Snoozer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Left DISH for direct over 3 years ago and am thinking about returning for 2 Hoppers and the Sling Adapter. Do I still qualify for all of the Discounts?

If you like both, and dont mind the hastle. Swapping yearly and paying the fee on the one you cancelled, is usually less than the discounts you get on the other. You can swap yearly and come out ahead LOL

If you like both, and dont mind the hastle. Swapping yearly and paying the fee on the one you cancelled, is usually less than the discounts you get on the other. You can swap yearly and come out ahead LOL

Not sure I understand how that works

Say your penalty from dropping dish equals out to $16 a month. Say you save $35 a month for 12 months by switching to Directv with the 12 month discounts. Most of the time your major discounts expire at 12 months, then the bill gets real.

Say your penalty from dropping dish equals out to $16 a month. Say you save $35 a month for 12 months by switching to Directv with the 12 month discounts. Most of the time your major discounts expire at 12 months, then the bill gets real.

Gotcha

Its the upfront cost to get out the contract, but you can save that and more over the next year if you play your cards right. I've done it a couple of times, mines driven by hardware though. They keep trying to one up each other with new toys, and its drives me nuts!

I think it will depend on how long you have been away from Dish but others here may and probably know more :)

Its the upfront cost to get out the contract, but you can save that and more over the next year if you play your cards right. I've done it a couple of times, mines driven by hardware though. They keep trying to one up each other with new toys, and its drives me nuts!

I know what you mean. I want to get 2 Hoppers and the Sling (despite its problems) so I can use it for my cabin. My wife likes to record lots of shows and I'm tired having to go up to the bedroom in the middle of a game because all of the tuners are being used on the Den TV. If I understand correctly, the Hoppers "talk" to each other and she can watch her programs in the bedroom that are recorded on the Den Hopper. Also, I don't like carring the house receiver back and forth every time I want to use it at the cabin. I doesn't make sense to pay for an extra one just for the cabin (since we would only use it less that 6 times a year) when I can hook up the TV to the Sling (via the internet).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)