If I sign a 2 year contract for 120+ at 44.99 why do they get to raise the price and force

when i signed up the rate was good for the first year..regardless of any increases..but I paid the current rate at the end of the one year contract

when i signed up the rate was good for the first year..regardless of any increases..but I paid the current rate at the end of the one year contract

so did you have a different contract than me?

If you can find in your contract where they said your price was locked, they will be happy to honor it. But you won't find it.

Why do people assume any contract Dish lawyers draft will offer some kind of consumer protection?

Once upon a time, E* did guarantee no price increases for a period of time when signing up. That was a few years ago. With this latest increase, I believe they said no more increases for this year or next. The contracts have been pretty specific that they can change programming and rates as they want. Read stuff before signing is usually a pretty good rule to follow.

The best advice my dad ever gave me was to read a contract before signing it.

And if that bothers them ----- run!

when the crack addicts who installed my dish gave me the contract, I signed it as fast as I could to get them to leave.

I guess that's what I deserve. I'm sure DTV is worse than this. I find myself watching tv off the internet 99% of the time and turning on dish 1% of the time.

I really enjoy the commercial free on my time aspect.

I have to say I am upset as well. I signed up for Dish in a bundle with my phone company last March. I never once spoke to dish. Only the phone company.
They told me I would pay "this price" for the first 2 months and then "this price" for the first year....well..yeah..I am still waiting to see either price.
Dish has gone up on me twice in the first year.

There have never been any rate locks over a year.

interesting as I just saw a commercial for Dish (Dish.com) and they say "price lock til 2013"...now maybe that has to do with the price change that happened today??

edit: per dish site they are saying "price lock til 2013" but the prices they show are only for year 1 of a 2 year agreement...so yeah Dish that isnt a price lock if after 12 months the bill goes up $15

There have never been any rate locks over a year.

That simply is not true. My first couple (at least) contracts in the mid 90's would not increase for a year. When I first agreed to autopay when it was first offered, it included a two year no increase guarantee for non premium, regular packages only. Further, they have one right now. This is not the first time they have offered a no increase guarantee for certain packages either.

Why don't more people buy from a retailer? I find it much easier to get all the facts when talking to someone that carries their own equipment and does their own installs and service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts