IF OUT connection for Cband

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

elzipa

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
Near Calgary, AB
Using "IF OUT" to connect Cband analog receiver!

That is then a good idea to use the "IF OUT" with the old analog C band receiver instead of using the diseqc and Hi freq spliters set up.

Is that correct?

you can use the loop out (IF out) but that 2nd reciever that's "slaved" can only see the same polarity as the main unit

So you couldn't have one box on a V transponder and one on a H Transponder at the same time.

I'd just use the IF (Loop) out from my main receiver to your analog box. There's so little analog these days the analog boxes usually just end up as a dish mover.

If you want to receive analog signals and your analog box is hooked up to your primary receiver, just turn off the primary receiver and then your analog box will work just fine.

That is correct I only use analog receiver to move my dish...

Let me ask if I use the IF (Loop) out from my main receiver to analog how would transponders and polarity work?

Using "IF OUT" to connect Cband analog receiver!

That is then a good idea to use the "IF OUT" with the old analog C band receiver instead of using the diseqc and Hi freq spliters set up.

Is that correct?

what kind of LNB do you have? If you have the older style with 3 wires (polorotor) then the splitter version works better. Also if you have a 4DTV

If its analog and you have a newer LNB (that the receiver would change polarity) then the IF out works better

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)