If staying with a 622, 722, etc. receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Grandpa J

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2004
Camarillo, CA
For those not getting a Hopper/Joey set up (i.e. staying with a 622, 722, etc. receiver) but wanting the DVR's HD picture on a second TV versus the TV2 signal here is something to consider.

I just got and installed the IOGEAR Wireless 3D Digital Kit that is on sale from Costco.com. I don’t work for either company but want to mention it delivers a great picture on the second TV and has several other good features. The kit is not cheap even on sale at $189 ($40 off normal price) but it provides a solution to rewiring and picture quality for me. One bad note the kit only works in pairs of transmitter/receiver that is you cannot add a second receiver.

It does offer an HD picture to a second TV but it still does not solve being able to watch two separate shows in HD.

It does offer an HD picture to a second TV but it still does not solve being able to watch two separate shows in HD.

True enough but there are many couples who don't need that, just to be able to watch TV in HD in a second room, usually the bedroom and it being a DVR. Or perhaps a little used room but sometimes you want to watch in there.

I'm using it at 35 feet from transmitter to receiver with 2 interior walls between. The max per manual is 100 feet for a 1080P signal.

That works, but then you don't have access to your recorded programming.

Correct.What I find interesting is my 211ks can see each other using DishComm,but only one of my 211k can see the Internet through my DISH Sling Homeplug.My 922 can see both Internet and DishComm with the DISH Sling Homeplug.Think I will keep the setup I have maybe someday my 211ks will see my 922?,I doubt it,but who knows?.;):D

Now if DISH ever comes out with the SuperHopper a 6 tuner HDDVR?.Then that would change everything!:eek::D

You mean like two integrated Hoppers that act as one receiver? Sounds like that will be here by the end of Summer...

You mean like two integrated Hoppers that act as one receiver? Sounds like that will be here by the end of Summer...

Don't ever buy a Dish product expecting that any promised features or enhancements will come to pass. Remember this entry from Charlie's Unabridged Dictionary, Soon (adverb) /?n?v?r/ not ever; at no time :p

lakebum431 said:
That works, but then you don't have access to your recorded programming.

Why not? Tv2 on rf and 211k on hdmi....unless I'm missing something

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROID RAZR Maxx using SatelliteGuys

Why not? Tv2 on rf and 211k on hdmi....unless I'm missing somethingRossSent from my rooted DROID RAZR Maxx using SatelliteGuys
The assumption is that someone would have three connected tv's with a 722/211 set-up. 722 connected to two and the 211 connected to the third. But yes, a rf distribution system could send recordings to all tv's.

2 Hoppers =$7. extra receiver fee

Super Hopper=no extra receiver fee.+ 1 more SAT Tuner than the D* HR34.;):D

Super Hopper = same extra $7 Joey fee for that 2nd TV. You don't get the plan here - only 2 boxes to design, program and support for both 3 tuner and 6 tuner households. Forget the Super Hopper, integrating 2 - 3 tuner Hoppers makes more sense for Dish, even if it doesn't make you happy. (D* has a fee for each HDTV, too.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)