i need to get universal on it

is there a way to use another ku band lnb on the corotor i noticed its standard
10.75ghz

so i need 10.60ghz lo frequency

mine says lo 10.75ghz

the ku band is a chaparral

and my c band is also 3.7-4.2ghz

can i put a 3.4-4.2ghz on it

is also a chaparral that this is can you guys tell me what i can get for polorator lnb

i think the only way to describe my chaparral corotor is that i don't have that extra

attachment to the c band side

is that going to make a difference is im going to build a mini bud 1meter dish to it

thats the plan with this just to be able to change to universal and see what the extra attatchment is for on c band and then to be able to polarize my signal as needed

i will only be pointing to one satellite i need with a 90cm dish due to the lack that i can only put on ruff that size and to polarize on a mini bud setup on my location of home

any suggestions?

second question i notice some njr new japan radio lnbs have switching on 22khz

on and off

i don't know weather i need lower band frequencies or standard band frequencies

for example i know with the corotor i can get 97west because it matches

Full Ku-band Coverage
RF Frequency: 10.7 to 12.75 GHz
(10.7 to 11.7 GHz / 11.7 to 12.75 GHz)

on the corotor the frequencies match same standard data

but on lower band frequencies are 9.75 / 10.6 GHz on this lnb i have

dmx741u 22khz i don't know if the sticker was incorrect but i used and universal

lnb and got all the channels for 97west

i hade 22khz on - on ku band and 22khz of on c band

maybe it was just my blindscan that was able to get standard frequencies with a universal lnb as well

is it true?

for example from my understanding lower are on ku with respect to this lnb ku is

9.75ghz to 10.60ghz for lower band frequencies

and 10.70-11.70ghz and 11.70-12.75ghz

If you will search the forum, you will find many discussion threads about mini-BUDs.
Generally, best C-band performance was with a C-only LNBF.
Dual band LNBFs did not perform very well.
As I recall, those insisting on Ku reception on the same dish, had better luck with a seperate Ku LNBF to the side of the one for C-band.
And, there are many fine Universal Ku LNBFs to choose from.

90cm and 1 meter dishes don't do very well in North America on C-band.

i don't know weather i need lower band frequencies or standard band frequencies
A universal LNB(F) is only required to receive transponders between 10700 and 11700.
I.E. LO 9750 (22Khz Off) will receive 10600 - 11700
LO 10600 (22Khz On) will receive 11700 - 12750
If the transponders you want to get are between 11700 and 12750 a Standard LNB(F) is all that's required.
going to build a mini bud 1 meter dish
My opinion is it's good to do for "just to see what it gets" but to small for anything reliable. Feed holder needs modification to keep the feed throat at the focal point. Just 'bolting it on' the Ku holder usually results in it being too high in relation to the dish" (from all I've read)

ModelBSC621BSC621-2BSC621-2D
Output F connectors332
Ku LO Frequency10750 MHz9750/10600 MHz9750/10600 MHz
C LO Frequency5150 MHz5150 MHz5150 MHz
Internal Switching22 KHzDiSEqCN/A

now i want to talk about this chart on dms international lnb might help me understand more. why are lnbs like this so complicated see what i mean below

what does 22khz and differ on the bottom whre 22khz is on a standard lnband universal lnb bdsc621-2 has only diseqc

are 22khz in every c/ku band lnbs because

i see the bsc621 doesn't have diseqc

and the bsc621-2 has 22khz for switching to what c band to 22khz off and 22khz on for ku band right?

i noticed that what you say with respect to these lnbs from another source like dms,

that a bsc621-2, 22khz off is 9750 will receive 9750 for 10600-11700 and
22khz on is 10600 will receive 10700-12750

so why does the bsc621 has internal switching when it has 22khz on it and is standard too (10750) it says!!!!

could it be for switching beween c band and ku band, on one and off another

so in conclusion i think my ku band lnb on the chapparal is the same as any other ku band lnb standard being
11170-12750 1075ghz

i have come to some other international lnbs that confused me in the beginning of my time

like this lnb wich i don't care about

10750 1170-12.2ghz notice it doesn't go up to 12750 and this one is a geosat pro sl1pll

but anyways hopefully you read through this

and tell me is all these lnbs ku/c from dms international or ws international are dirrent in some way

because they all don't say 22khz and diseqc too

ModelBSC621BSC621-2BSC621-2D
Output F connectors332
Ku LO Frequency10750 MHz9750/10600 MHz
22Khz OFF/ON
9750/10600 MHz
22Khz OFF/ON
C LO Frequency5150 MHz5150 MHz5150 MHz
Internal C/Ku Switching22 KHzDiSEqCN/A

Hope the additions to the chart clarify it for you.

Most Ku LNBs are Standard 10750 L.O.. The band covered is Nominally 11700 to 12200 while some will have extended coverage above 12200.

Last edited:
SOME manufacturers do not put enough information out, so the uniformed do not know they will not do the job.
Some manufacturers were putting impertinent information out as if to say others did not do the job - until the good one put it in the ads also. (HD Ready)
Some manufacturers state impossible specs claims out - 0.01db or something of that nature.

What is needed is to discern exactly what you need, and forget or ignore all the fertilizer they want to promote with it. (aka BS.)

IE: If you are in mainstream US - Avoid universal LNB(F)s. More to go wrong. Nothing to gain and the extra switching limits what else you may want to do, as well as drawing more power from your STB.

Why all the different "stuff"? Just think of "radios." A standard band AM radio will not pick up standard FM band signals, let alone decode the modulation. A cell phone will not plug into your land line RJ socket and let you talk on that phone line. The old "wireless" telephone where the base plugs into your RJ jack will not work for you as your drive down the highway. Satellite signals have similar types of frequency ranges, etc., plus the antennas must be tuned and aimed.
Why are "universals" and some "boxes" cheaper? There are more customers in other countries that enjoy theft of services, avoid copyrights and safety regulations. The quantities produced will lower prices, somewhat, and not meeting codes reduces costs even more.

I am not sure if this is on topic, because as I read this thread, I was not sure where it was going - so I responded with my rambling. Hope it helps - rather than hinders.

i think im kinda stuck on my meter lexium 7100

im thinking of selling it

i though the auto search was not working to well on combined c/ku band lnbs

if i where to use a single lnb that would be different but now knowing that i have to chose one ku or one being c
i wanted to know what if i do sell my meter and then try finding c and ku band at the same time

is there a better meter

not even loop out works giving me a bad reading on input v 12v or h 18v

i did use a vertical and horontal on different sats on my meter and just was a error when inputing 18 hori or 12 verti

so stuck one more time

with all the info i rather go back but these aren't the meters i haven't tried even if i have to look up a vertical or horizontal kuband

then just c band

i didn't think it would make such a different but it does obviously the best secure stability on getting the right signal

so i've tried

birdog v3 usb, junk
first strike meter L, JUNK
LEXIUM 7100, JUNK

i wanted to know about a

sat hero 200 or newer maybe some other great brand

i tend to think that i don't need the newer one when i still have to connect external power on loop to the meter from a receiver and don't want an extra screen too other than tv

or i can sell my meter buy myself a receiver hd that does scan like geosat hd mini

and work with that doesn't say it have blindscan as to where i would have to use a meter just the box geosat witout blindscan

any ideas as what to do on a setup on a c band ku band lnb?

this just catches my attention because just how u guys say there is just not sufficient help on whats the right meter on
c band ku band lnbs at the same time to read on what meter?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)