If you are going to schedule a holiday visit

InHouse

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
Midwest
have the decency to be home rather than tell me you will be there 45 minutes later when I call you only to not show or even so much as a return call to say can't make it or something after I've sat at your house for an hour to do you a favor.

I am so confused by this diatribe. If it had any cohesive English grammar it might bring about an answer or two. As it is, WTH are you talking about???

have the decency to be home rather than tell me you will be there 45 minutes later when I call you only to not show or even so much as a return call to say can't make it or something after I've sat at your house for an hour to do you a favor.

umm, what?

My guess is that the OP is a DISH installer and had an appoinment scheduled today with someone, as a favor to them, and they weren't home when they said they would be.

customers do all sorts of dumb things. I repair laminating machines that run at 300 degrees.

I go out on call its broke but they leave the heat on anyway........ its hard to impossible to service when its hot.

so I must come back, thats a extra trip and gas wasted....... so I tell them see you tomorrow, call first thing in morning to remind them machine MUST be cold!

Arrive a couple hours later to hot machine and find note tech coming leave heat off in trash. Plus the machine wasnt working at all... heating accomplished nothing......

After too many of these lately all future return calls are if its hot when I arrive I must return again and you pay 100 bucks!

Most of my customers are under maintence, so repairs are free.....

or the most common i arrive a day after they call pretty fast./

Oh we fixed it ourselves but thanks for stopping. depending on my mood and distance involved i charge travel for that.

if it wasnt for customers and them breaking things i wouldnt have a job, so its best i not let it bother me too much

:Translation:

Boo-Hoo

This is what we typically do to the customers, the other 364 days out of the year.

I am having trouble translating the "Schedule" and "favor"

Since when is a "schedule" a "favor"

If the customer schedules an appointment, E* has made it clear. You will be there or will not be paid

Besides, let the customer be. This is the only time they will ever have any power over the Dish Nazism

:Translation:

Boo-Hoo

This is what we typically do to the customers, the other 364 days out of the year.

I am having trouble translating the "Schedule" and "favor"

Since when is a "schedule" a "favor"

If the customer schedules an appointment, E* has made it clear. You will be there or will not be paid

Besides, let the customer be. This is the only time they will ever have any power over the Dish Nazism

Note to self... don't ever complain about something because other people, regardless of how unlikely it may seem, may not think it is worth complaining about and will insert some needless rhetoric because they can never be pleased.

I agree with the sentiment in this post, in the sense that I don't agree at all. While, E* has made it clear, the installer won't get paid to install a dish if they don't show up... of course if the homeowner isn't home for an hour, that would mean that the installer isn't getting to the other houses to get paid to show up. Why are some people so dead certain that their needs trump the entire world's? If an installer is waiting for a homeowner to show up, that means he is pissing off other customers by being later.

Note to self... don't ever complain about something because other people, regardless of how unlikely it may seem, may not think it is worth complaining about and will insert some needless rhetoric because they can never be pleased.

Welcome to the forums :D

You don't even have to complain. You can make a post stating something with no complaints or defaming someone and there will still be the same replies.

I thought the OP was pretty clear in what his complaint was and I agree with him, if the installer is expected to be prompt, the sub should be held to the same standard, at least.

I thought the OP was pretty clear in what his complaint was and I agree with him, if the installer is expected to be prompt, the sub should be held to the same standard, at least.

If the OP said he was an installer in his post I might have understood his complaint. As a standalone it made no sense to me whatsoever...

I'm not taking sides either way here, but I believe the situation should involve mutual respect.

In my experience, the installer always calls first. I have assumed that if I don't answer him, he won't come out. Perhaps my assumption is incorrect. Additionally, I would never expect an installer to wait for me unless he arrived earlier than the appointed time slot.

I work for a cardiologist, and he bemoans the fact that patients leave after waiting in the lobby for an hour. I told him I'd do the same thing. The patients are paying for a service. If I had to wait an hour to see him, I'd fire him. It's that simple. He always replies, but if I'm behind it's not usually my fault, what about the emergencies in the ER, etc. I just tell him that's none of the patient's (customer's) concern. Conversely, if a patient shows up 15 minutes late for their scheduled appointment, they are rescheduled and turned away. It is our company policy. I'm never in clinic with him, mind you. I'm usually tending the emergencies in the hospital while he's in clinic, but you get the drift.

Installers are always late, but if one customer ain't there! And he expects sympathy from us. He should post this in the installer forum.

Installers are always late, but if one customer ain't there! And he expects sympathy from us. He should post this in the installer forum.

I must be lucky. The only complaint I could make is that once last week an installer showed up at 0730, when he was supposed to be there between 8-12. I'd planned on taking down a tree before he got there. He did call first, though.

Now, in my experience, appliance repair people have been unreliable, but DISH folks (contract and actual DISH employees) have always been quite reliable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts