If you cancel VOOM please post here

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
1 - Are they going to pick up your lease equipment? What did they tell you?
2 - Did you cancel as of today? if so, is OTA still working. Can you tell us if it will be working tomorrow.

I don't know whether to pull the trigger and go ahead and get Dish or Direct. Neither is really an attractive option. I already have a Dish HD Receiver (6000) but would like a 942 or 921..that's $549 or a lease. Direct wants $299 for the HD received and $999 for the HD PVR. neither has the content to justify the price.

I can't imagine somebody, even so depressed about this whole situation, will call and cancel almost one month of free programming. Absolutly doesn't make any sense. But if somobody will actually commit this act I will be very interested in such info too. But I think that we will know all answers on 05/01/2005.

Sean Mota said:
2 - Did you cancel as of today? if so, is OTA still working. Can you tell us if it will be working tomorrow.

I canceled effective 16 Apr 2005 and they could not schedule a pickup of the leased equipment - they said they would contact me later. We will see if the OTA works next weekend or not. Why cancel -- frustration. Loved the service and the HD picture quality varied at times but still better than cable here at OKC

rmunson2 said:
I canceled effective 16 Apr 2005 and they could not schedule a pickup of the leased equipment - they said they would contact me later. We will see if the OTA works next weekend or not. Why cancel -- frustration. Loved the service and the HD picture quality varied at times but still better than cable here at OKC

Did you ask for something in writing that you have asked for cancellation? You do not want to find out that they did not cancel your account and still owe money after 4/16. I will ask for a final bill as well.

Sean Mota said:
Did you ask for something in writing that you have asked for cancellation? You do not want to find out that they did not cancel your account and still owe money after 4/16. I will ask for a final bill as well.
I requested the name and number of the CSR which was provided and yes I will follow up. Also no termination fee for the 6 month commitment - just completed 4 months.

Sorry to spill all your fun, but I just upgraded to VaVaVoom. Got the 2 month VaVaVoom for free (of course till the end of April). So watching all channels for rmy old price.

rmunson2 said:
I requested the name and number of the CSR which was provided and yes I will follow up. Also no termination fee for the 6 month commitment - just completed 4 months.

And where will that CSR be???greeting at wal-mart

no offense but the CSR's were 1/2 the problem

Sean Mota said:
I canceled. All my boxes are unauthorized, but I still get locals. I own the boxes, I was told I could use them as coffee warmers.

Ken

I'm riding this beautiful runaway stallion into the dirt. When the screen goes black I'll do a shot of whisky to toast the end of this historical moment in broadcasting. Then I'm going to bronze one of the Voom boxes and put it on the mantle.

O.K., maybe I should check with my wife about that last one.

I Talked to a Voom CSR just a few minutes ago and she informed me that all the CSR were just informed that they will cease on April 30, 2005. So I guess this is the end of voom for sure this time. I guess I will be going back to cable on May 1, 2005.

I asked about the equipment that I am leasing and she said they have no information from coorporate office on what they will do with the equipment being leased by people.

Thanks for all the help and information you all provided me over the entire year. I will to ride this one out to the end.

kfried001 said:
I canceled. All my boxes are unauthorized, but I still get locals. I own the boxes, I was told I could use them as coffee warmers.

Ken

Let us know if tomorrow you are still getting locals.

Cancellation

I cancelled my service this morning after a storm knocked out my service - I called prior to learning VOOM was shutting down. I was told my billing would stop today, and I would continue receiving service thru 4/20, which is the day my equipment will be picked up.

After learning VOOM will cease to operate as of 4/30, I called them back reference my April payment. I was told I would receive a refund for 3 weeks of service and continued service thru 4/30. This does me no good as my service is still out... but the OTA still works.

I asked about scheduling removal of the dish and antenna, and was told they don't have a procedure for this yet. I was told by a CSR to wait for a letter or e-mail with instructions. She had no other information she could share with me, and I didn't want to give her a hard time considering she probably just learned her job was going away.

Cancelled effective 4/15 (billing date) and Comcast installing 4/14. At least i will finally have my HD-DVR. So I take a hit in HD choices...that really sucks. But I will be getting Video on Demand and every "channel package" they offer. Plus, since I already have high speed internet with them, my cost for that will go down too...gotta love bundled discounts.

I will miss Voom, but await its ressurection in the coming months/years. I will be back onboard if it ever happens.

By the way: the CSR I spoke to when cancelling actually asked if I wouldn't mind telling her why I was cancelling....ummmmm...I know its her job, but com'on folks....

Unfortunately i will be going back to Adelphia myself, well soon to be comcast or time warner officially since they just bought them out... But anyways adelphia is offering 13 channels in constant HD and a HD Dvr so thats enough to get me to bite and of course i have their Screaming internet service so my bill will also go down... I hear rumors that Dish will be adding more HD channels is their any truth to this? And How is the Hd Quality for Dish right now?? Direct isn't even a option with 4 HD channels What a Joke!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts