If you cancel, watch your CC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

occammd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
I cancelled Voom on 7/1 and they went ahead and billed my CC on 7/23. Now they say they owe me money, but the guy first said it would take 6-8 weeks. I told him it only took them a second to take it from me, why 8 weeks to get it back, could he send me to his manager?
Then he said he was told wrong, it would take 4 weeks and it was a credit to the CC, not a check. I'm not holding my breath, this may take a while.
Who can we contact in FL about this?

Did you get a cancellation number ? I did and after I got off the phone with Voom I call my CC company and let them know to not let anymore charges come through and I gave them the name of the person and the cancellation number , they said if any charges come up they will dispute them.

I may head down to the bank and dispute it, then at least I will get my $50+ back, they actually owe me $80+.

This is really ridiculous. I've never returned something I bought with a CC and told I have to wait 6-8 weeks to get it. That's what companies do with rebates, which is basically a scam where they get to keep your money for a while or better yet you'll forget about it and they keep it permanently.

I went and checked and it was actually charged on 7/28, almost a month after cancelling. There have been a number threads about bad charges and trying to get refunds.

I just think it is a shame that this company seems to have blown it by outsourcing so much that they have no core control over anything other than the programming. I'm sure the business model looked good using outside installers, CSR's, financials, etc.. But the implementation has been a whole other reality.

One Way You Can Stop From Being Billed After You Quit VOOM.
Call Your CC Company & Cancel The Card & Have Them Issue Another Card With A Different Number. If Your CC Company Says They Don't Want To Do That Just Tell Them To Cancel Your CC & Go Somewhere Else For Your CC Business.

your right, and they would do it for me w/out trouble, but I try to only do that every 6 mths or so.

I have called my CC company and disputed my last charge from RainbowDBS. I also asked them to not accept any further charges from this company. They said they can't stop and further charges from that company, but if I get charged again, I'd just dispute it again.

My CC company is really good about issuing temperary credits for disputed items. My guess is Rainbows billing dept. doesn't have it all together and won't be able to counter my dispute. The only thing that's left is for them to come pick up the equipment.

1080iBeVuMin said:
Hmmm... Another good reason not to cancel. Heheh :p
Right. You could stay and get double billed instead. Or I think I even read someone got bill over $3,000. LOL Yeah...That's worth it!

I could see VOOM having "double billing" problems in the beginning, but to just say "we double bill anything thats not a bonafide credit card" is insane!! They have no plans to remedy this situation?? Fleet bank always told me I had a credit card--well I guess its not really a crdit card even though it has a VISA logo--I get dbl billd every month!

That's ridiculous, this has never happened to me they just go and take my sales tax.

they are taking my sales tax as well, and I got another letter yesterday saying they owe me 37.99, not $80+. Time to call again.

called, they said they would escalate and call back. I asked them to call back the following day, got the CSR name. They said they would. Needless to say, that never happened.

before you cancel, change your credit card with voom and cancel the card (many of us have inactive cards we could cancel) or change your cc number.

I'm so glad I cancelled my CC when I did.
I called to cancel my service on Aug 13th.
My last bill was paid thru Aug 17th.
VOOM attempted to charge my card on 8/18 for the upcoming month (8/18 - 9/17).
My VOOM equipment was picked up on 8/20 (which was the earliest I could get the Installs,Inc to come out).
I feel much better being "in the driver seat" and having my $$$ than letting VOOM charge me and waiting for a refund.
I figure I would pay VOOM for 3 days of service (Aug 18-20) if they are really nice to me in asking for a payment but it might take me up 60 days to accomplish this tedious task. Sound familiar, VOOM?

What is all this crazy talk about cancelling your CC because of Voom?

First of all your nutz to be leaving Voom.
Second Voom would never rip anybody off. You can't stay in business long if you did.

You've got to be kidding, oh... you have 4 posts, just wait around.

We don't hate the service, but the billing, install, and CSR issues are just silly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)