If you could change one thing in your FTA dish setup, what would it be?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Fun question

If you could change one thing in your dish setup, what would it be? I'm not talking recievers, because as we all know, some of us would like to see that receiver that does 4:2:0, 4:2:2, 4:2:0 HD, 4:2:2 HD and have a PVR in it :)

so I'm just talking about your dish setup. If you could change one thing what would it be?

Mine is easy...I wish I could bury a C-Band in the yard. But due to a HOA I cannot do that :(

Maybe when I buy a new house

I would have started earlier to save Pam Anderson from all the pain and heartache of Tommy Lee and Kid Rock....does that count cause she's a real dish.

Well, she certainly seems to be FTA, I'll give ya that.
But she's not -your- dish.
And by now, it's too late.
Should've worried about it 10..20 years ago.
Now, she's as crap-covered as those dishes you were complaining about in the other thread. :eek:

Hmm I would have to say having my KU dishs off of my roof and set on ground mounts. That is my main FTA project for next summer.

That's hard to answer, since there's hardly a day goes by, I don't change something around. I guess since I can't get past 83.0w (towards the east) with either of my active BUDs, I would change one away from the western arc and focus it for the eastern arc. It's not like I can't do it, I'm just lazy as all get out. In fact I have another BUD (5' horizon to horizon) on a pole, waiting for wiring from the dish to the house. Been on that pole for 6-8 months at least. I have 4 other BUDs (one 12' and three 10') laying around I could put on an eastern arc. I'm way too lazy (or sorry).

Al

To use a T90 dish like you have Tony for ku band. Due to trees in the yard, it's impossible here. When I move to Rio Rancho area later this year, a 8 or 10 foot c-band dish on a motor will be bought sometime as I haven't had a motor on a dish since 1996 and I will probably get the T90 dish for ku band to get AMC 6, SBS 6, AMC 5, AMC 2, AMC3, G28, G11, G26, AMC 4, AMC 1, G10 and G27.

I would bury a 3 inch pole with a 4 foot polar mount dish with a good actuator motor (don't know which one). Would trim trees so that the one dish could have full view of the southern sky. But that is a pipe dream for now. I like my T-90 but don't like the 8 LNBF limit for my receiver and the flacky-ness of the switches.
Bob

Have a commercial C/Ku toroidal like some newer cable companies have. Everything in the arc, no moving, feeding any number of receivers at once. Along with that, the ability for us end users to be back on the radar for new R&D in the BUD realm, FTA and sub; access to anything up there.

Have a commercial C/Ku toroidal like some newer cable companies have. Everything in the arc, no moving, feeding any number of receivers at once. Along with that, the ability for us end users to be back on the radar for new R&D in the BUD realm, FTA and sub; access to anything up there.

The Simulsats are not good for Ku.

Well, she certainly seems to be FTA, I'll give ya that.
But she's not -your- dish.
And by now, it's too late.
Should've worried about it 10..20 years ago.
Now, she's as crap-covered as those dishes you were complaining about in the other thread. :eek:

Yes, but the Thread is if you could change one thing.....

and she has nice focal points.

I'd find a nice non-penetrating mount for my 10 footer. I'm still not sure where to set it up exactly due to the slot I have to shoot in to get the arc from my backyard. My KU dish is in the sweetspot and can see the entire arc for my area. Just have to figure out the right spot. Then I might move in 6 months? So...my ultimate answer would be to temporary mount. I'd have the dish setup in under an hour....

I''d like to put a H-H mount on my 10' just to see how they work (never owned one)
Reception is fine up to AMC3 but gets weaker going east. But there's nothing much on c-band except AMC6 any further east than that, and I have a dedicated dish for that bird.

I'd like to cut down the neighbor's oak tree, or at least top it out back down to where it was 15 years ago. :D

I used to get C1, but now I only get it with sparkles in the winter. :( In the spring when the leaves come out, bye-bye C1...

I'm afraid C4 may be next, within 5 years or so. :eek:

hd

For starters, I would have bought a bigger dish than my 31".

My main wish is like Iceberg. I would love to have a BUD but thanks to HOA that will never happen unless we can figure out how to produce transparent aluminum!

I would wish (as so many do) for a BUD. Being in an apartment these days, that's an even more remote dream now than previously. Secondly, as someone else mentioned, I'd want my BUD to be in Europe somewhere- specifically, with a decent view of the UK birds :D

PS. My dish looks more like Drew Barrymoore than Pam Anderson ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts