If you don't like what VOOM provides, why are you still whinning about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
There's seem to be some people here that have made it their agenda to whine about everything that has the VOOM logo. After a while, you start wondering if there's a hidden agenda behind all the negative posts.

Shouldn't be simple as: "If you don't like it, get out" -- I mean VOOM did not tie you up to a contract. If you don't want to put up with it, the answer is very simple --- disconnect and be done with it. Don't hang around and become the everlasting "I hate VOOM" user. It has been revealed that 80%+ of those coming to this board are OK with VOOM. and only about probably 10% are unhappy and probably 10% already left.

So I ask again if you are so unhappy why are you still paying the VOOM bill and hanging around here... Vote with your wallet and be counted...

Amen. Voom has come so far since December 03 when I joined. I can't believe so many people are still bitching. I keep wondering why mine is working so well and others aren't. And why do people freak out everyy time a pixel shows up on the screen. It's TV. Get over it.

This is true. If people that sub to VOOM dont like it then you can go sub to some other provider. Bottom line to me is that the other providers have nothing or very little currently to watch in HD. Voom provides the most HD around....is it perfect? No...but they will work on their problems and they will get better as time goes on. It doesnt happen overnight that you become as big as DTV or Dish. Yes VOOM could be better...and I have a different idea of what their ch lineup should look like. But hey...if I disliked it and felt it was soo bad...then I would go elsewhere. There are no one year contracts for VOOM. Nobody is stuck with it.

Until D* adds the mainstream channels, tnthd, bravoHD, starshd, cin HD, encoreHD, tmchd, those that want a large amount of HD programming are "stuck" with voom. At this point in time there are no other choices. The sad part is we only have 40,000 subs? even with all the channels? An evaluation of cost and value by wallet voting wont take place until D* adds those channels. Strangely enough I am watching "places in the heart" on Cinema1 at the moment and am very impressed with the PQ of this movie.

Sean is right,

I wasn't happy with Comcast so I dumped them for voOm :D... and I certainly don't hang around and complain on Comcast forums :no

The whole reason I visit this forum is for useful info... I gotta be honest a couple of times I've considered not coming back because all the whining gets pretty annoying. I'm not saying issues and problems shouldn't be brought to attention, but there is a difference between that and just constantly and persistently whining.

vurbano said:
Until D* adds the mainstream channels, tnthd, bravoHD, starshd, cin HD, encoreHD, tmchd, those that want a large amount of HD programming are "stuck" with voom. At this point in time there are no other choices. The sad part is we only have 40,000 subs? even with all the channels? An evaluation of cost and value by wallet voting wont take place until D* adds those channels. Strangely enough I am watching "places in the heart" on Cinema1 at the moment and am very impressed with the PQ of this movie.

Are you feeling okay? Places in The Heart? Man oh man.

Sean Mota said:
There's seem to be some people here that have made it their agenda to whine about everything that has the VOOM logo. After a while, you start wondering if there's a hidden agenda behind all the negative posts.

Shouldn't be simple as: "If you don't like it, get out" -- I mean VOOM did not tie you up to a contract. If you don't want to put up with it, the answer is very simple --- disconnect and be done with it. Don't hang around and become the everlasting "I hate VOOM" user. It has been revealed that 80%+ of those coming to this board are OK with VOOM. and only about probably 10% are unhappy and probably 10% already left.

So I ask again if you are so unhappy why are you still paying the VOOM bill and hanging around here... Vote with your wallet and be counted...

Well- maybe not all of us are paying the bill, Vooms does gives service credit(s) when they screw up. For a guy that was so pissed at Voom he was ready quit, you slay me. We are all entitled to bitch and try to get Voom to improve. Even you, Sean.

Vurbano have faith

Remember when voom had 2000 subscribers, everyone was announcing the death of voom. Today we have 40,000 subscribers and growing. Voom is the only satellite provider that cares about HD and makes an effort to get every HD channel as soon as it is available. (Except HD net, Cuban has politics with the Dolans). No one has talked about new codecs for HD, Voom is flirting with MPEG 4 and Windows Media 9, and should make it avalable soon. They have purchased new satellite capacity and should be adding channels in October. We will have the best HD Pvr on the market soon. This is like the election, we vote for the cadidate that shares our vision, Voom. D* and E* made us wait for years, i waited 1 1/2 year for the 921 only to get it full of bugs with Dish Network

Why can't we give voom some time. It is a diamond in the rough being polished, a rose waiting to bud that needs a little more nurturing. Lets stand behind voom and the fight for our HD access. It will pay off , but we need to support voom especially drown the voices of a few nathsayers that are constantlyt negative and dis Voom at every point. THEY ARE NOT EVEN SUBSCRIBERS AND PROBABLY WORK IN MARKETING FOR THE COMPETITION. When someone posts over 400 negative posts and is not a subscriber give me a break. Look at the persons posts in mass and you will see a CONSPIRACY. No one has that much time to be NEGATIVE, something is up

I left Direct Tv, i have not made more than two posts on Direct Tv bulleting boards since i left. You move on in life

Voom will rise in subscibers, the HD revolution is in its infancy. like microsoft when in started challenging IBM, everyone dismissed it. 50 million people will get HD sets in the next four years in the US, a market untapped, voom is positioned to capture a huge segment. Voom will succeed i belive it

I LUV VOOM AND TELL ALL MY FRIENDS ABOUT IT , THEY ARE SIGNING ON

Seawaves said:
Well- maybe not all of us are paying the bill, Vooms does gives service credit(s) when they screw up. For a guy that was so pissed at Voom he was ready quit, you slay me. We are all entitled to bitch and try to get Voom to improve. Even you, Sean.

Let me make some observations:

1 - in my post I did not single you out.
2 - Nice that you got some credit... I have never gotten any...
3- You can bitch...but just because you bitch about does not guarantee that any will get improved. We know what's wrong and believe me VoOM knows as well. You don't need to beat a dead horse to make your point or be heard.

4- Constants complaints are driving VOOM's people away from here. Nothing they do seem to satisfy a group of people here. I mean "nothing" because there is constant bitching about everything and anything. On how many threads or post do the same constant things come up? Isn't that why we have stickies in the forum.

5- I am glad that I do not have to post 100 posts in order to make a point.

Sean just Make huge Forum Group called Gloom and Doom

Sean make a Forum header called Gloom and Doom, like we have forums for progamming etc. Post all the negative nathsayers constant whining posts in there , so these 4 or 5 people can feast in that garbage like flies. Save us all reading their nonsense. Or a huge recycle bin like desktops , like a black hole can suck all the bs. This is the best bulletin board in the world it rocks. Thanks to this site i subscribed to voom as have my friends in Santa Monica, it is a wealth of information , thanks to the positive posts.

Thanks to all the positive intelligent posters on this forum for the educ
ation

new_cheese2.jpg

So much whining...so little cheese!:smug

Hey, the only reason I switched to Voom was because my local Cablevison sucks. With Voom I get more HD and HD locals (don't care about the Detroit stations). Not only that but I have channels that they (the cable co) haven't even added yet. Oh, and for 1/2 the price of getting the same channels on cable. So far, I haven't had a real big compliant about Voom. Oh yeah everyone has an OTA story and my install went really well. I might have some concerns but they are usually unfounded when I look at the price for OTHER HD offerings. Voom most HD lowest price (that I can find)
Oh and they threw in the antenna free

I want to make a final distinction...

Again nothing wrong with complaining (please do not get me wrong)...as we have have before. When there is something wrong it is good to pointed out and most likely we'll put it as a sticky so that everyone is aware of it. But it is the constant complaining appearing in every single thread about the same issues that we already stuck in the forum. Do we really need to read these in several posts? I do not think so. We are intelligent people that can distinguish between the two situation I am talking about.

Hey I think the forum is heaven now that the micro stutter complaint is gone. I got slammed constantly because I just couldnt see the problem. Remember all of that? thread after thread of microstutter compliants. and it went away when the problem went away. MY main beef is the 12 mbps and voom advertising the best PQ. Make it true and I will stop just like the microstutter people did. Until every HD channel looks as good as the barker im gonna WHINEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .... Now Pass me my cheese please!!!!!!!!!!

I too- had a lot of haters hating me because I had no micro-stutter(s), we are asking Voom to make good on what they say...that they have the best PQ of anyone. Just look at HDnet on DirecTV and you'll see that's not true!

I want what they sold me- not HDnews looking wonderful without any real content. Make my cheese sharp, thanks.

I was scared to death back when I signed up in May because of the gloom and doom around here. Because there was the $0 install I jumped in knowing I had nothing to lose and am very glad I did. I wonder how many people will become new customers having to pay for installation now.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with Voom and I don't see anything better. I think the constructive criticism is what makes Voom strive to be better - check out the wish list for the next software release!

Mmmmm, cheese...

I am trying to find an official Voom statement that Voom has the best PQ. Could you guys help me please?

vurbano said:
Until every HD channel looks as good as the barker im gonna WHINEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .... Now Pass me my cheese please!!!!!!!!!!

Do you want cheddar or swiss? lol. Still a good point. The bottom line is that we all want VOOM to be what they say they want to be. They say they are the crispist mirror like image you can find. I hope one day that will be true.

Isn't the main purpose of this Forum to help others? Really! Lately, this forum has sunk to a low I didn't think possible when I first arrived some 4+ months ago. Perhaps it's just the handful of D* and E* implants who are here to create an atmosphere of hate and discontent? Maybe it's the other handful of familiar faces who have been influenced by these implants and have forgotten the meaning of constructive criticism? Or perhaps it is a combination of the two that has made this place...well, less than user friendly lately!

Anyway, I hope I haven't offended anyone lately...it's just that there are a half-dozen or so individuals lurking on this forum who make my blood boil. They complain constantly, offer no constructive criticism, do not help others and offer nothing to this forum. They are the blood sucking leaches of VooM and life in general. I am not going to mention names, but we all know who these individuals are. ;)

Peace et al.

P.S. Perhaps Sean or one of the Moderators can create a Rant, Rage, Whine, Moan & Groan Forum just for out very own "Less Than Magnificent Seven"? :yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)