If you have an Eastern Arc, can you put a western arc LNB in it?

jsnew610

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
VA
If you have an Eastern Arc, can you put a western arc LNB in it? I have eastern arc and get low signals. I used to get great signals with 110/119. I want to do WA with 61.5 wing dish. Can I buy a 110/119/129 LNB and put it in a dish 1000.4 EA? In other words swap out the LNB's? Anyones help would be apprecited.

How big a hammer you got?? The answer today is no but DISH is supposed to be coming out with a LNB that will fit the 1000.4 allowing you to pickup the WA birds.

My understanding is that the new WA LNB assembly is available now for the 1000.4 dish. So the answer is, "Yes." But if you are getting low signals with your EA dish, a much simpler fix would be to get it peaked.

Another possibility is that the lower SS you are seeing is normal and to be expected because of the modulation and error correction scheme used for mpeg-4. What kind of SS are you getting?

So the answer is no ether way you will need a 1000.4 dish

You will be able to put a 1000.4 wa lnb into an old 1000.4

You will not be able to put a 1000.4 ea lnb into a 1000.2

So your answer is no

Never mind I read wrong yes you will be ably use new lnb.I thought you were trying to go western arc to eastern arc.So answer is yes when new lnb is released

A western arc dish and LNB will work pointing to the eastern arc just fine...with one noticeable exception. You will only be able to pick up 61.5 and 72, but NOT 77. If you have no locals on 77 to view, then it works. I am currently using a WA 1000.2 dish and lnb picking up great signal strength from 61.5 and 72. You must change the skew and elevation to eastern arc settings. My signal strength ranges from high 50s to mid 80s. Been pointing that direction for a year with NO problems. Peak the center lnb to 61.5 and you can find the 72 sat with a little tweaking.