If you have two providers, what percentage of Voom are you watching?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
If you currently have two providers (VOOM + another provider) and in the other provider you are paying for an HD Pack, what percentage of VOOM are you currently Watching?

Another Provider = DirecTv, Dish Network, or Cable

HD Pack = DirecTv or Dish Network HD Pack;
Cable = HD Pack with HD Networks and INHD or HDnet or something similar.

Note:

If you do not have VOOM + Another Provider, do not vote on this poll.
You can also Vote if the only reason you are keeping your other provider is SD channels not available on VOOM. Please mention which SD channels are these.

I don't like it when you make a poll I can't participate in anymore :(

Dvlos said:
I don't like it when you make a poll I can't participate in anymore :(

I guess you fall into the 100% VOOM category. :D Yeah you are not interested anymore :D

Have Dish's DVR on 1 TV so my wife can record her stories. As soon as VOOM has a DVR, Dish will be gone.

Should we add the 55% option for consistency? ;)

In watch Voom for Starz HD. When DISH adds it, Voom is gone.

boatman said:
Have Dish's DVR on 1 TV so my wife can record her stories. As soon as VOOM has a DVR, Dish will be gone.

DITTO!! Same story over here. My Wife and Young & Restless is like me and Sports. So I Have Dish's PVR just for her.

But most of the time as soon as I turn on my TV I check Voom, search All HD, see if anything is on. No VaVaVoom for me so about 50% of the time nothing good is on in HD so then I switch it to Dish and watch SD.

I love Voom but Dish has better SD channels for the most part. USA, ESPN, Comedy Central just to name a few.

Regardless when Voom PVR is out Dish will go the way of the Red Sox World Series dreams :D

I have Comcast cable for my locals (which I watch alot of)

The only reason I turn Voom on is to see if there are any good movies in HD....If I had HD locals or even SD locals I would tell Comcast to take their junk.

I keep basic cable for the rain fade. It really bothers me not to have the choice to turn on the TV and watch something, especially when its raining :D When its not raining I watch VooM :yes

D* HD Tivo 99%, Voom 1%.

Lately, every time I find something to watch on V*:
1. The guide (both online at Zap2it, and the onscreen guide) is incorrect, so what I want to watch is not showing. :mad:
2. If I am watching something, after about an hour, I will get a message that blocks out the middle of the screen that says something like this: "No signal on channel ###. Please try again later". If I move the channel up one and then back, I'm ok again. This is on clear days and with a signal strength of 99%.

I have cable as well as Voom and I watch 50 50, that number would have been lower for Voom but since they added the Scifi Voom went up.. I still think the programing still needs work, but I will be staying untill they go Boom or bust, as long as they dont do some crazy price increase..

The Channels the my family watch on cable are my Local city channel as well as HGtv and tech tv channel.. I know I am forgeting a couple the famly watch but I forgot which they are.. We also watch alot of OTA local tv shows.. I myself am pretty happy with Voom right now but I included the whole family in this poll.. Cya Slick

I have an HD DVR with my other provider (Insight cable) so I look at VOOM and see if there is something on that I want to watch ... if not I go to my HD DVR. I picked 30% VOOM vs 70% other provider. When I get a VOOM HD DVR I'm sure that will change drastically. I'll be dropping cable.

Have Cable (Buckeye) for wifes Charmed fix. Other than that it's 99.9% Voom. I really llike the fact that I got to see all of the ND-BYU game, rather than having to watch Minnesota beat UT to death.