If you like PQ it might be time to leave Directv

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
I couldnt resist with the recent D* downrezzing. Are the days of HDlite beginning for D*? Recent reports are that HDnetmovies looks no better than DVD now.

No, D* is going to spin this as "Without even buying a new product, HD TIVO now records 45% more HD!! WACKA WACKA!!!"

They're gearing up for J6P to tune in and say WOW, what a great picture. In 10 years we'll be telling our kids/grandkids; "I remember waaaaay back at the turn of the Century when HD was like looking out the window.....".

J6P heard some small little blurbs about how great HDTV is, hopefully they will watch the games OTA, or off cable, because if they saw it off D*'s HD Lite, they will feel jipped and conned into HD.

DarrellP said:
They're gearing up for J6P to tune in and say WOW, what a great picture. In 10 years we'll be telling our kids/grandkids; "I remember waaaaay back at the turn of the Century when HD was like looking out the window.....".
That'll be the day.

OK guys,

Let say I no longer want "HD Lite" as you call it.

Where would you suggest I go??? Voom???

Ok fine. Lets say I now switch to Voom.

Can you tell me how many months until I'll have to switch back to D* because Doom wont be in biz anymore????? :rolleyes:

How about this you switch, spread the word, and maybe you'll never have to switch back to HD-Lite.. or you can ride the V* wave to whereever it takes you, maybe we will all be E* in 2 two years.. who knows.

My crystal ball tells me:

There will be no Voom DVR at a price people can afford.
Voom will be bought out by E*. They dont care about the subs but need the satellite. E* will be the leader in HD for two years until D* sats go up.

Either way I dont think it will be long before you're watching Voom on your 921.

IMHO

zubinh said:
OK guys,

Let say I no longer want "HD Lite" as you call it.

Where would you suggest I go??? Voom???

Ok fine. Lets say I now switch to Voom.

Can you tell me how many months until I'll have to switch back to D* because Doom wont be in biz anymore????? :rolleyes:

Don't you all know by now...

The assimilation has begun...resistance is FUTILE...VOOM

I still have D* for NFL ticket and the new HD games on D* are not the quality of OTA. Must be either Fox or D* is the problem. Since I have OTa I can compare them and OTA with little or no compression wins every time. Don't know about it technically, but visually D* HD seem impaired.

Tvlman said:
I still have D* for NFL ticket and the new HD games on D* are not the quality of OTA. Must be either Fox or D* is the problem. Since I have OTa I can compare them and OTA with little or no compression wins every time. Don't know about it technically, but visually D* HD seem impaired.
Hey that's a catch phrase in the making "D*, the DBS for the HD impaired."

I agree

DirecTv's HD pic quality is really suffering. The only reason I have both Voom And D* is for D*'s SD and ST and Voom for the HD. I did realize after 2 weeks that My whole familly missed the HD movie channels and Vooms, I know :shocked , exclusive channels.

Wayne

Sean Mota said:
Nope. I think he was trying to "neutralize": If you like sports might be time to leave Voom

Since I wrote this I must defend it. The point is spelled out rather logically in the thread I thought. If you do like sports , in a big way, then I truly feel it is time for me at least to leave Voom. I can get no Fox Sporst net. That means no Baseball, college basketball and FB in some cases, though mostly BB. No sports ticket(s). I agree D* is kill'n their picture with stuffing FB on Sunday on the HD feeds but at least it's on. I don't hate Voom or I would no currently still have it. But if you prefer sports for your HD tastes I feel D* is better suited. I never watch Moov, hardly any of the old movies on cinema 10 or gallery. I enjoy the cartoons for kids, rave, rush, and HD news content at times. I don't expect them to conform to my wishes or tastes by any means but they could cut some of the crap out and lose many subs, up the bandwith, and thn truly boast the best PQ anywhere.

If I go to D*, which I also have current as of last sunday, I lose some channels I like but gain PPV, HDNet, and most importantly to me sports. Some people Vooms fits well. I was one, but with winter coming to WI and FB and BB gearing up soon I need sports. No service is perfect but some fits better than others at certain times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts