If your leaving voom...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jeeptest

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
Chicago
THEN JUST GO !! :wave stop complaining about every little problem you have. You have no 1 year contract...your not paying a early termination fee, you knew this company was going to have some growing pains (they all do). I'm staying put to see what happens next !! This is exciting...new stuff happening every two weeks. :p If Voom folds,so what?

Good Luck !

If your sick of people complaining about Voom then quit reading those posts. People have a right to bitch just like they have a right to rave.

jeeptest said:
THEN JUST GO !! :wave stop complaining about every little problem you have. You have no 1 year contract...your not paying a early termination fee, you knew this company was going to have some growing pains (they all do). I'm staying put to see what happens next !! This is exciting...new stuff happening every two weeks. :p If Voom folds,so what?

Good Luck !

What's your point?

What you fail to understand jeeptest is that a product won't get better unless customers say what's wrong with it or what needs to be improved or added upon. If we say, "Hey. We need Sci-Fi." then they are more likely to work harder to get it. If we just sit here with our mouthes shut and say, "I like it. Things will get better." chances are they WON'T.

I think people should express their thoughts and issues about Voom in a controlled and polite manner. Yes Voom customers should say what type of issues they having with their service, so issues can be dealt with. BUT --- No one needs to go the extra mile and bad mouth voom and say they are a crappy company and how they think voom is gonna sink quick or even be bought out. Think whatever you want, I am extremely happy with VOOM and i am not going anywhere, they are working hard and are making progress dealing with the issues that are presented upon them. Angry Voomers please be a little more understanding, Voom is in the process of molding their company into the leading satellite provider, yes i know it won't happen overnight. But i do believe when voom starts marketing their product in the right places like Circuit City, Best buy, Walmart ETC, and of course when the issues are dealt with with their service then watch VOOM really start to turn heads and customers of the satellite world will flock to.. And this is what i think!

toss up

Tough call this week. D* has a decent deal going on now with the Football package.

D* has a ton of channels I would like to get that Voom does not have.

WGN, Fox Sports out of Chicago, G-Tech, and some others.

I just don't know what Voom is doing. Will there be new channels? What Channel are the Football games on today? The Pre-Season NFL ones?

Are they able to add any new channels? How much more am I going to have to pay come Jan 1?

I like Voom, but I hate being kept in the dark.

Still thinking about keeping or dropping.

Attachments

• bye.gif
    bye.gif
    3 KB · Views: 238
I diagree.

All of the negative posts about Voom do serve a purpose. They help warn others of the potential problems they might encounter as new Voom Customers. For those trying to decide between DBS providers, it helps to read about what others are saying about Voom.

I myself switched to D* last month. Why? because after reading all the complaints about Voom I decided to avoid the potential hassles and not be a beta tester for Cablevision.

I thank all of those who shared their Voom experiences - good AND bad.

zubinh said:

I myself switched to D* last month. Why? because after reading all the complaints about Voom I decided to avoid the potential hassles and not be a beta tester for Cablevision.

Oh my! So, you canceled Voom because you read about potential problems? Not because you actually experienced them yourself? :eek: :shocked :confused:

how much is your cable bill a month SONALIS? LOL $300 or more a month... Watching T.V. is not that important.. Zubinh how can you base your decision on staying with Voom based on negative reviews? Hook up Direct or Dish side by side against Voom.. And hands down Voom wins in Picture Quality.. LOL... I have already tried Direct and Adelphia and both are CRAP PICTURES on my 57" Hitachi.. Sooo GOOD BYE and enjoy watching your crappy SD on Direct or Dish.... LONG LIVE VOOM!!!

stevo714 said:
If your sick of people complaining about Voom then quit reading those posts. People have a right to bitch just like they have a right to rave.

Just because we have a right to "bitch" doesn't make "bitching" a particularly useful exercise. Besides, there is a difference between saying "We need FOOD channel" and saying "VOOM SUCKS BECAUSE THOSE BRAINLESS RETARDS CANNOT EVEN GIVE US FOOD CHANNEL!!!!!!"

andrzej said:
Oh my! So, you canceled Voom because you read about potential problems? Not because you actually experienced them yourself? :eek: :shocked :confused:

Never Subscribed to Voom. Had E* switched to D* for hopes of more HD and a stable HD DVR.

Any smart consumer will read up on a product that will affect them, so reading up is a good way to get an idea of a brand new uknown company called Voom.

I would not have ordered Voom myself if I didn't read about it. And even after that, it took a freind who had it to turn me on to it.

If people have legit gripes, and most people know a legit gripe when they hear it, then by all means they should post.

Lack of Info from Voom is my major gripe now. And I just can't see this company sticking around unless they really up the ante, and I don't mean prices.

zubinh said:
Never Subscribed to Voom. Had E* switched to D* for hopes of more HD and a stable HD DVR.

Then your post makes exactly the point that some of us are trying to make here. Namely, that excessive bitching doesn't help in attracting new subscribers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)