Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got this in my inbox, so I am passing it along. :)

The iHeartRADIO interactive TV App is now available nationwide to DIRECTV customers with the necessary hardware. It’s important to note that this is separate from the iHeartRADIO mobile app. This iHeartRadio TV App can be found on the DIRECTV TV platform.

Hardware required:

The iHeartRADIO TV App requires at least one of the following broadband-connected receivers:

• Genie (model HR44 or higher)
How to access it:

Customers can access TV Apps by pressing the right arrow button on the remote.

Since TV Apps are interactive, it may take a few seconds to load. From there, customers can navigate to the iHeartRADIO TV App icon and press SELECT to open it.

To get started, first-time users of the TV App can follow the on-screen instructions to either log in or sign up for an iHeartRADIO account.

Features:

• Customers can enjoy over 1900+ live radio stations from across the country
  • Guest Mode will display live stations only
  • In Registered User Mode, customers can:
    • Save up to 100 favorite stations to the “My Stations” section
    • Access up to 10 recently played stations in the “History” section
    • Select their favorite radio station genres under the “Settings” tab
    • Access their profile and favorites from other iHeartRADIO apps in the iHeartRADIO TV App

iHeart-RADIO-Registered-User-Mode.jpg

I don't understand what's the point in listening to the radio on a TV. It's a waste of electricity, puts wear and tear on your TV, and the speakers are lackluster unless you have your TV hooked up to a sound system.

I don't understand what's the point in listening to the radio on a TV. It's a waste of electricity, puts wear and tear on your TV, and the speakers are lackluster unless you have your TV hooked up to a sound system.
Most cases you can turn your TV off if your going thru a AV system, keep the recvr on and your good to go.

Woohoo 1900+ Clear Channel owned stations playing the same 11 songs by the same 5 artists/bands with 30 minutes worth of commercials per hour.

Reactions: AZ. and DWS44
Most cases you can turn your TV off if your going thru a AV system, keep the recvr on and your good to go.

I can't. Turning off the TV turns off the AVR, it can be annoying because you have to have the TV on to listen to the radio. The TV is the display for the AVR's radio - the preset number, frequency, and the call letters (if you take the time to put them in, which I did) are on the TV. The frequency is not there on the actual unit, unless you manually tune and not use presets.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)