Ill be the first to post here: Xbox HD games

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ShadowEKU

Expert in the Making
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 13, 2004
Frankfort, KY
So far I have experienced alot of great games in HD. But so far Graphicaly 2 current games and 1 future game have stood out to me.

Current:
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow If you havent seen this in HD widescreen you have been missing something (it doesnt even say its HD compatible on the box but it looks really really good)

Star Wars: BattleFront Imagine running around on hoth and this GIANT foot comes crashing down right in front of you. you look up and there is a beautifully detailed ATAT standing right there. this game looks awesome.. nuff said

Future:
Halo 2 Big surprise... but being a beta tester allowed me to experience this first hand.. this game looks just plain stunning... theres nothing else to say

Looking out for:
Ghost Recon 2
Mechassault 2: Lone Wolf in HD... :shocked

PLEASE God, let GameStop get their batch early and mail them quickly. I've got the limited edition on mail order and I hope they don't get it here 4 days late like they did with Burnout 3.......

Also, get Dragon's Lair 3D. The game is REALLY hard, but is gorgeous as it is in 1080i.

Any other games in 1080i?

BobMurdoch said:
PLEASE God, let GameStop get their batch early and mail them quickly. I've got the limited edition on mail order and I hope they don't get it here 4 days late like they did with Burnout 3.......
according to my connections most stores should have it in stock by this wed. they just have big stickers taht say do not sell before 11/9

Entertainment Weekly had an article on Halo2. It basically said that they already have over $80,000,000 worth of preorders ready to roll on day one.

ShadowEKU said:
So far I have experienced alot of great games in HD. But so far Graphicaly 2 current games and 1 future game have stood out to me.

Current:
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow If you havent seen this in HD widescreen you have been missing something (it doesnt even say its HD compatible on the box but it looks really really good)

Star Wars: BattleFront Imagine running around on hoth and this GIANT foot comes crashing down right in front of you. you look up and there is a beautifully detailed ATAT standing right there. this game looks awesome.. nuff said

Future:
Halo 2 Big surprise... but being a beta tester allowed me to experience this first hand.. this game looks just plain stunning... theres nothing else to say

Looking out for:
Ghost Recon 2
Mechassault 2: Lone Wolf in HD... :shocked

Very misleading thread title here. Pretty certain both of the current games listed above in addition to Halo 2 are 480P only. That's not HD ShadowEKU. Microsoft needs to do a much better job on the back of the game cases clarifying that 480 progressive isn't HD as they are representing it entirely wrong to the public at large still.

Here is a pretty good list of whats currently supported game-to-game:
http://hdtvarcade.com/xboxlist.htm

Star Wars Battle Front is in 720p still not complete HD but better than 480i. I did some research esterday and found out that SC:pT doesnt say HD on the box but it is in 480p which as you said isnt true hd but its better than nothing. I would be shocked if Halo wasnt in at least 720p. (Due to NDA I cannot tell you what rez my Xbox ran it at sorry)

Edit: That is weird. the list you posted (great link btw) has it stated at 480p but the back of the box and my xbox both recognixe it as 720p... weird
I see a bunch of other discrepancies... weird.

Actually 720p IS "complete HD". Two camps here,.... the 720p folks say that ONLY a progressive signal should be considered HD, while the 1080i fans ignore the anti-interlacing argument and point to the increased number of lines of resolution.

Hey, they BOTH look good. I just wish that the 921 would automatically switch to the native signal (ie. 720p for ESPN HD and 1080i for CBS HD) instead of me having to manually switch it.

Also, my order is with EBGames.com and they said that their shipments are leaving the warehouse on Monday 11/8. I had gotten free two day shipping, so I'll have to wait until Wednesday to play. Aargh.... I've got a business trip in Nawlins that I have to fly to on Thursday so I won't be able to finish it until I get back on Sunday afternoon (I hear is takes 10-14 hours to complete the single mission as per XBox magazine) XBox magazine gave it the highest score given to a game this year, and said their only regret was that the ending was a little bit of a letdown based on their expectations built up during the time they played the game.

I wish I could finish a game in 10-14 hours, the quickest I've finished a game was Riddick, but it still took alot more than 10-14 hours. I don't even know if I would want to finish that quick after waiting so long to finally play it. I like to explore the boards. I preordered mine at Game Crazy which is about 700 feet away from work so I will pick it up on the way home, it's funny I ordered Halo 2 when I bought my XBOX over a year ago I don't think I have ever ordered something that long before I was able to pick it up! Damn games make ya do crazy S**T!!!

Yup, mine was ordered a while back in January of this year. I modified the order to get the limited edition version when they announced it in April.

I've been replaying Doom 3 on my PC lately (I finished it first on Easy to soak up the story, but I've been playing it on the level right below Nightmare) to hold me over until Halo2 drops. I've also been playing a lot of Burnout 3 as well (which is an amazing game for those that haven't played it yet).

Jeez, and if all THAT isn't enough to get a rise out of you, Half Life 2 and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 ships within the next month (plus the PS2 folks have GTA: San Andreas to keep them busy)

Ah, the Christmas selling season.

Any of you guys playing The Suffering, that's what I have been playing lately and I really like it, Very Evil. I'm not into alot of those role playing games, I don't have the patients, that being said I do have Morrowind and play it a little.

ShadowEKU said:
Star Wars Battle Front is in 720p still not complete HD but better than 480i. I did some research esterday and found out that SC:pT doesnt say HD on the box but it is in 480p which as you said isnt true hd but its better than nothing. I would be shocked if Halo wasnt in at least 720p. (Due to NDA I cannot tell you what rez my Xbox ran it at sorry)

Edit: That is weird. the list you posted (great link btw) has it stated at 480p but the back of the box and my xbox both recognixe it as 720p... weird
I see a bunch of other discrepancies... weird.

Everything I've read online so far indicates Halo2 won't be in 720P or 1081i. Hopefully thats wrong though.

I can tell you this much (and only this much unfortunately) Halo 2 beta edition ran at 720p. whether or not they changed that in the last few months is something i dont know.

Unthinkable said:
Everything I've read online so far indicates Halo2 won't be in 720P or 1081i. Hopefully thats wrong though.

Indeed, Halo2 will be ONLY 480p but it will be true 16:9 aspect ratio. Sad that they could not render the graphics at true HD (720p/1080i) but that is due to the limitiations of the hardware.

Actually its not a hardware limitation. I just dont think they could cram everything onto the one disk. The Multiplayer beta was in 720p. Im guessing they had to downrez it to fit the single player stuf fonto the disk. Oh well itll stil look good. that sucks that they had to though.

The Xbox itself is not the limitation for the true HD resolutions. There are a few games out there that will do 720p and 1080i. Most Xbox games will do 480p. I can tell a difference on Rallisport Challenge 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)