Illinois

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
This is the thread to discuss cable companies and HD available on them in Illinois.

RCN Cable got Mandated by Chicago to Expand Cable, and Fiber around Chicago Area

Breaking News:

RCN Cable got Mandated by Chicago to Expand Cable, and Fiber around Chicago Area

and has to provide fiber access to chicago to interconnect the City's Security Cameras around chicago to the 911 emergency Center

OK, just so there's something in the Illinois bucket.

After years of nothing being done to many of our cable systems physical plants due to being sold to different companies (we had Cox, Jones Intercable, TCI, AT&T and finally Comcast), Comcast finally decided to spend money on infrastructure. The Comcast system that I'm on has it's head end in North Chicago and for HD we can get, HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, InHD1, InHD2, ESPN and Discovery HD Theater. For our local channels we get CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS, FOX along with WGN, we don't get the local UPN station which does HD.

Comcast has also made the Motorola 6412 HD DVR available for $9.95, only $4.95 more then a HD tuner box. It's not a Tivo but for the price it does a nice job.

Like all cable systems, your analog channel quality will vary, for me it wasn't acceptable but better then last time I tried them then the prior install. When they mirror all the analog channels on the digital tier I might give them another try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts