I'm Back from the darkside to DN from Comcast read why

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
I am a lifelong Dishnet guy. Used to install and sell old Echostar and HTS systems when I had my Cband shop. I had a momentary lapse of good judgement in August when my supervisor brother who works for comcrasp! talked me into there one stop do all $99.00 plan with VOIP, Cable and Internet. Plus only 10 buck for there whopping 9 channels of HD.

I got my 622 in April after having a 921 and had also been a Voom guy before they went to Dish as HD lite. I was extremely happy with my Dish but thougth what the heck I will try Comcast. My bro tried to con me that they were getting more HD then DN or DTV and would have 50 HD channels by years end. I saw zero new channels on the horizon.

So as i frustrated about losing my worldsport and monsters and other DN HD I tried to like the Motorola HD DVR box and Comcast. I could not find a way to like either compared to DN!

First the programming and picture quality from Comcast plain SUCKED in comparision to DN. The SD channels very soft and fuzzy in digital and dont get me started on the DVR functions on the Moto new box. No season pass, very hard to see what you record without going into program folder if recording say Seinfeld everday at 8pm. And with the Seattle test of Microsoft software instead of what the rest of the country gets with the COmcast moto box you want to shoot yourself in the A@@! NO FORWARD SPEEED BURST! THe trick code does not work for Microsoft software box. No hack to make it work. You MUST watch commercials or use fast forward. But fast forward it tricky and does not start where you stop it. I hope Dish never gives in to getting rid of this great commercial advance feature. The one plus over the 622 is the Video on Demand feature rocks with comcast! Hope it gets better with dish. But he worst part is the lack of HD choice!

NO ONE CAN MATCH THE PIC QUALITY AND CHOICE OF DISH. Loved my idle sleeping 622.

So today the change was made! My 622 is back on and I am ready with popcorn!
So for those of you thinking of changing to Comcast or DTV. Save the frustration!

DISH RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd leave Comcast too. I have dish *and* Cable.

But, I took an special offer 8 YEARS ago for analog/all digital tier at $17.99 month, unlimited (When the boxes first came out). It was supposed to last for 6 months, been on the offer for 8 years. Even got an HD DVR upgrade and they added the $15/mo DVR charge, so I am now paying $32.99 for All Comcast/HD channels/All movies, etc.

Fat and happy here.

Teacher , teacher Iceshark's signature is 4 lines not 3!:D

My standard disclaimer "I am just kidding , I mean no harm"

And to be fair to Iceshark his sig is only 3 lines long in the classic view, with the new look there is the menu on the left which leaves less room for text forcing the sig into 4 lines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts